In other news - My son put up 27 yesterday against

the number 4 team in the country (NCCAA) National Christian College Association.

Tie game with 10 seconds left and they clear the floor out for my son to dribble drive. He’s right handed but sucks going right(go figure). He goes right, spins left and goes up for a free throw line jumper to win it. The double team comes while he’s in the air so he dumps it off to his teammate that is wide open under the goal. With .5 seconds left we get fouled and we win the game at the line.

This game was in Kansas so I was watching on my desktop at work. My co-workers were having a blast just watching and listening to me the entire game. I’m sure it was a little over the top.

19 Likes

Wow. Nothing like seeing your kids succeed. Congratulations Jeff.

3 Likes

Thanks LD! Merry Christmas to you and the family.

1 Like

Aloha,
Awesome!
As a parent, we are more proud of our children’s accomplishments than our own.
UA…Campus of Champions

1 Like

Jeff, what happened to your guy who was on the roster in Portland last year? Don’t see him on any current NBA rosters.

Kind of a long story but this would have been his 4th year in the NBA. He had been on a two way deal for the last two years that turned in to a one year deal (around 850k a year) because he was on the active roster after the halfway mark of the season.

This year he would have been making somewhere around 1.5 mill per year because of his tenure. Portland decided to go cheap and sign two - two way guys instead. It was heart breaking because he just had a baby and got his mom a condo in Portland.

He’s been very good with his money so for now he’s ok. He’s hoping to sign with a team in Australia here pretty soon if they can work out the details.

Thanks for asking about him, he’s a great young man that if he never plays again has overcome some difficult times.

4 Likes

Guy - are you still in Hawaii?

My son’s team is coming over there in a few weeks to play two games.

1 Like

Aloha,
Yes sir. Feet dry ashore here on Oahu. Hopefully the team is well funded. Unfortunately, it’s very expensive here in the land of paradise.
UA…Campus of Champions

1 Like

Team is very well funded.

What a great storyline… enjoy the moment and tell your son congrats for the high basketball IQ.

2 Likes

Thank you hogsrus!

Aloha Sir,
Most strongly recommend for the team to get out on New Years Eve to watch the local fireworks. Greater and better than any Fourth of July on the Mainland. The whole island erupts with fireworks. I’m told it’s an old Chinese custom of chasing away the evil spirts.
UA…Campus of Champions

1 Like

What a great Christmas present for you. I cannot imagine there could be a better one. Having a daughter who was a very good (not great) athlete, I know that her awards and accomplishments gave me much more joy than any awards I ever got. There’s just not anything that compares.

Congrats to your son and to you!

2 Likes

Watching my niece’s daughter playing for Tulsa right now vs. #22 Kansas. Tulsa up by 1 in the 2nd quarter. Caroline playing right now.

5 Likes

What number is she? I’m watching on ESPN+ now.

2 Likes

#30 she just hit a 3 right before half. Got a big hug from her last week. She’s a sweetheart.

2 Likes

I just saw that and heard the announcer say “Caroline Lyles” hit a 3. I wasn’t sure of her last name, but when I heard Caroline, I figured that was her. Great shot!

3 Likes

That is awesome. I am sure you are so proud of him. I know the feeling. Enjoy his basketball career.

1 Like

You gonna get to go to Hawaii, Jeff?

1 Like