I'm watching BYU vs. Utah State at Provo

I’m not impressed. USU is giving them all they want, and USU got absolutely eviscerated by Bama.

In fact Utah State just took the lead in the second quarter.

1 Like

And USU is running the ball on BYU.

1 Like

Only seen some of it, but I’d say our chances of winning there are better than I thought a couple of weeks ago.

USU got fired up when some in the BYU stands called them Caucasians.

5 Likes

I’ve watched BYU a couple of times this year. They are good but I’m confident we’ll win fairly easy.

1 Like

The problem could be that USU is playing way over their heads against the instant big brother. One of the reasons I don’t want us to play Jonesboro Tech.

1 Like

This is the 91st game between big brother and little brother. It ain’t nothing instant. And USU has won 37 of the 90.

2 Likes

Might not be instant, but I bet the motivation is the same.

Yep they are all over the quarterback -22 yards rushing held them to less than 100 total yards in the first half meanwhile they have about 245 yards…

I see no way in the world that can stop us from running the ball, they are soft up front.
They have weapons on offense but if we turned up the heat I’m not sure they can keep us off the quarterback…

Unless we have some major injuries before we play them I like our chances

1 Like

BYU is not even trying to run the ball. One sack for -9, six rushing attempts for -12.

Got a feeling BYU’s about to open up a can on them. Went straight down the field like water through a strainer… quarterback can really throw the football, smooth as silk, great arm and very accurate. He will be a handful if he has time to throw

Everybody has ran the ball on them. They give up 148 yards a game and haven’t faced anybody near as good as we are running it. Utah State already has 153 at the half

1 Like

That was an autocorrect error. I meant type “in state”

I wouldn’t pass until I had to if I were Briles. OL and backs should eat

1 Like

You think the Malik sweep will work?

1 Like

ESPN just posted a graphic that BYU has a 35% chance to beat Notre Dame and a 63% chance to beat us. This really pisses me off. If Kendall doesn’t get cute, we beat A$M by 3 scores, and have a top 5 match-up with Bama this weekend…with Gameday in the house. Notre Dame is trash this year. Let’s give em something to talk about Saturday. Go Hogs!

1 Like

That’s the thing…Utah State was MORE PHYSICAL! We will run it down their throat and make them like it.

We just need to avoid giving up big plays and we will take it to them.

2 Likes

You forget one of those cute plays had a wide open receiver. Malik didn’t pitch ball back to kj.

If he makes pitch betcha no one is complaining about the calls now….

1 Like

No, I totally get it. I actually like trick plays…when they work, and if they are necessary to throw a defense off. They weren’t necessary against A$M. We were punishing them when Briles decided to dip a bit too far into the playbook. No need to change in my mind. If you want to get Hornsby more involved, send him out wide.

2 Likes

I am beginning to think maybe Hornsby doesn’t want to play wide receiver. They aren’t really using him as a decoy etc.