I'm on hand to see Arkansas commits Treylon Burks and Marcus Miller...

As they lead Warren into a game at Crossett.

Burks (6-3, 210) is - of course - a WR prospect ranked as the 81st-best overall prospect per ESPN. He’ll line up at QB, WR, S, LB and anywhere else they need him.

He was working on his punting when I got here and booted several over 50 yards in pre-game warm ups.

Miller (6-5, 300) is DT and a large young man.

Looking forward to watching them play tonight and intend - God and the internet willing - to have video interviews from both as well as Warren head coach Bo Hembree up later tonight.

Saturday - I am on to Sardis, Miss., to see Arkansas QB pledge KJ Jefferson and his North Panola team host Memphis Mitchell in the school’s homecoming game.

It was originally scheduled to be played in Memphis, but instead will be in Sardis - which is apparently about 50 miles from Memphis.

Next year’s punter? :smiley:

Got it to 49-0 before Warren pulled out Burks and other starters

Unofficially, Burks has 3 catches for 64 yards, one of them the turned a simple out route into 44-yard TD after breaking a tackle.

He’s also had 2 carries for 13 yards rushing.

Milller had five tackles and a fumble recovery - one he came up with during about a 10-minute rain shower.

Burks also has a 40-yard or so punt return and a 49-yard punt.

Burks and Miller only played one series in 2nd half

Both solid to Arkansas - not looking anywhere else.

Thank you, Mr . Dawson :smiley:

Man Dudley, you’re putting in some miles from one corner of the state to the opposite one the that haul up to north Mississippi is a long one today. I would’ve driven up to meet you in my old stomping ground if I’d know sooner. My folks & sister still live in Crossett

Looking at the future and knocking out a pair of John Grisham books on tape.

There are worse ways to spend a weekend.