I'm not discouraged

We played a great offensive team who played great error free football. We were probably out manned at 80% of the positions. We didn’t play near perfect and they didn’t play poorly, and it would have taken both of those things to happen for us to win.

We put up 450 yards plus on their defense even though they had the ball almost twice as much as we did. We put up 208 yards rushing.

Things that we did poorly that cause the large score spread, but can be corrected.

9 penalties to their 3
Too many mistakes on special teams.
The one fumble that their D scored on.

Correct those 3 things and it’s probably a 2 TD loss. This team is sooo much better than we were the last 3 seasons. We play like tonight, but correct those 3 things and we’ll win 2 of our last 3 and end up 5-5. I never would have believed that possible before the season started.

6 Likes

I’m upset with the defense because we didn’t compete,it was just too easy, he only had to make about 2-3 hard throws, the rest were pitch and catch and they really didn’t run any complicated routes ,we were very sluggish and not aggressive like we usually are, maybe Sam not there had something to do with it but we were never in this game defensively.

I’m grateful they didnt stop playing and I look forward to the day Arkansas can pay Florida and Mullin back

IMHO we need CSP on the sideline and Coach Odum in the Skybox

1 Like

I was obvious to me that the reason it looked so easy was one, their Oline protected, the QB was spot on, but mostly their receivers are faster and better athletes than our Dbacks. Makes for a long night on defense. They have done the same to every one they played except A&M and they will do it until Atlanta. They may do it there. that is the only game where they will meet a defense that can match up to them

5 Likes

Yeah and how did a very average Aggie Defense slow them down enough to win… I can’t remember much about the game other than Tam did what they wanted on offense.

2 Likes

Some of the Gator TDs were to wide-open receivers against blown coverages, but at least two were perfect throws on perfect routes against good coverage. That combination will win every time, At least we were in position and trying to make a play on the ball. That’s an improvement over a year ago, IMHO.

3 Likes

I agree and they made every possible catch. The QB was on because we couldn’t hit him and his receivers were on. Franks played OK but he missed Burks on an easy TD on that 4th down early. To be fair Woods might have scored as well. On Boyds fumble that was a horrible decision. He seemed to be reading it and there was all kinds of defense where he gave the ball to Boyd. Clear sailing to his right?
Lack of a pass rush has to be improved. The only dlineman that made and impact was Marshal. Marshal is a beast he will play in the NFL. Our young 4 star DEs are just haven’t developed as of yet. Williams and Soli just aren’t making an impact at all. I think Williams has the talent not sure Soli will ever make an impact. I did see Gregory make a couple plays but until we get better on both lines of scrimmage.
If this offense can ever put together and entire game we will be something.

1 Like

I’m with you Harley. Win 4 maybe 5 and it’s a great start. Since really we beat Auburn this season has been a lot of fun. I’m not down on this team.

2 Likes

I thought the effort was there. Some of the Defenders had great games, despite the outcome. Our weaknesses were exposed, but that is what happens when you play a team that has the talent of Florida and a coaching staff that knows how to prepare. Trask was just so accurate that I don’t think anyone could have beaten them with him throwing like that last night. We missed Boss Hog, but I don’t think that would have changed the outcome.

4 Likes

I agree. Had we played this FL team last year, it would have been 63-0 at the half. He’s the best QB we’ve faced & had a line that protected him, big fast receivers that can catch.

Too many people forget where we’ve been & just how much better we are than the last two years. None of us should have expected to beat FL. The most disappointing thing to me was the fumble where they scooped & scored. That took their point total into the 60’s. Still, we scored 35. We only got one turnover.

We can beat LSU unless their week off has allowed them to fix their problems. We can also beat MU. Do those things & we finish 5-5 (6-4 if the Auburn game had been correctly called.) Who would have thought that in August?

1 Like

Boyd’s fumble was caused by Franks giving him the ball too high. The proper way is to get it in the gut. But I love Franks. He’s the heart and soul of our offense. They believe in him.

1 Like

I agree but no way Boyd should have got that ball and he knew what he was looking at. To the right was a lot of daylight and Franks should have kept that ball IMO. I will go back and watch it again. Fumble shouldn’t have happened but I was just saying if Franks is reading that play he no way gives that ball to Boyd and Boyd knew it. JMHO

1 Like

Yeah after thinking about it overnight,we were playing the 2nd best offense in the league and although I still think we were a step slow to react,there was no way we had a chance to slow them down rushing only 3,Trask is just to accurate and they got 2 huge breaks that kept drives alive with catches that 9/10 are batted down,take those away and we get a score and might have been a different game. This team doesn’t quit and if LSU game is played I expect a much better performance and outcome.

2 Likes

No reason to be discouraged that’s for sure. Florida was much superior and blew us out. Probably be another one when we play Bama. Just remember getting blown out was common the last 2+ years with players that weren’t coached and layed down. But this year the players are still fighting to the last whistle and the blow outs aren’t so common.

1 Like

It will take several years to recruit enough 4 and 5 star players to compete with the top teams. We have reversed our horrible skid to the bottom of the SEC and we should be competitive with everyone except Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Texas A&M. This should put us winning 8-9 games a year. With better talent, we have a chance to match the last 2 years of Petrino’s time on the Hill.

This coaching staff put together by CSP is probably the best since CFB had a his run of great staffs in the 60’s. CSP is the man for the job and his character and experience are exceptional. Razorback Football is fun again and we have many wins to come.

1 Like

There is a big difference in being blown out by FL who may very well be a NC (it could happen), and being blown out by Western KY etc.

5 Likes

Did you decide this in the first second of the play…what to do?.. or after looking at it again?

1 Like

After looking at the replay. Do you not think that Boyd was not expecting to get that ball? He was looking right at a loss and IMO didn’t think Franks was going to give the ball to him.

Not to get technical or argumentative, but if the decision is in the hands of the QB, doesn’t it seem a formula for failure for the running back to enter into the decision. Regardless whether the right option is picked should be on the QB. We unfortunately suffered more than once this game with players making differing choices.

You took the words right out of my mouth. A 28 point loss to UF is not in the same world as trailing by that much at half time to WKU.

1 Like