If you're a dog lover like me,

you’ll love this.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/879922709496553472

What a powerful story of love, willpower, survival and giving … and then there’s the humans! Great piece.

It is worth the time.

Wonderful story!!

You don’t have to be a dog lover to tear up watching this. If you have a heart…

When he jumped in the water to follow them that’s when it got me.

Same here.

RD, thanks so much for posting this for an old dog lover.

I’m at the airport headed to The Opening and I’m already missing my guys. I work from home and I’m with them all the time.

I’m going to be in trouble after Sunday. We finished Colt’s championship in Monroe, LA in late May. He will be headed to Las Cruces for more field training. Since BOB died I will be without a dog for the first time in 46 years. :cry:

I need to find a smaller breed that I can show myself, but I still prefer my Pointers and German Shorthaired Pointers.

How bout a britney spaniel?

I followed this story when it was happening. I am a dog guy and it moved me to see the follow up. I love the fact that this dog went from death’s door to laying on a couch in Sweden with kids!

I had a Brittany years ago. They are not my breed. And they would not solve the problem with the Pointers and Shorthairs. I need a smaller breed so that I can get around the ring with it. I can’t run like I used to and thus I can’t show my two breeds. My other problem is that I don’t do hair, so no spaniels for me. I love my sporting dogs, but the breeds that I like the most are all larger dogs.

Wonderful, thank you. :smiley:

My wife has traveled the world and loves to travel. I’m more of a homebody.

I’ve never traveled outside the US until I met Megan. She’s wanted to visit Europe and I finally said book it. We’re going to Italy soon after signing day next year. After seeing this story I hope to travel to Denmark/Sweden and meet this family and dog.

Meeting up with Hjalte’s mom, dad and brother is also on the list.

That sounds like a fun trip. Would like to go to Italy, too. From what I’ve seen and read, it seems like a country with much to see and do.

Yeah, even though I dread, really dread the flight over there, I’m excited.

We’ve lost two and it’s like losing a family member. The last one was Gateway about 5 years ago and I cried like a baby. I seldom go to bed before midnight or one, but that day I buried Gateway in the backyard I was so depressed and went to bed about 8ish. I wasn’t good for a few days. Next to losing my mom, losing him was the toughest thing for me. Like I said elsewhere, I work from home and he was with me almost 24/7.

I firmly believe if you don’t love dogs you don’t deserve to live!!!

I’m a dog lover. But regardless, I’m not ashamed to say I shed some tears listening to this story. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have a heart, I don’t know how this wouldn’t affect you. Amazing. “Man’s best friend” is not an exaggeration. There is a reason they have come to be called that.