If I had my druthers

We’d play Free Shoes Saturday and get that first game out of the way.

Noles started Drew Parrish in the opener at LSU. He was knocked out in the fifth, giving up 3 ER in 4.2 innings, and the bullpen got the win. His record is 8-5 with a 5.11 ERA but he is a lefty. Their other main starter is CJ Van Eyk, who is a righty with a 10-3 mark and 3.80 ERA. Third starter has bounced around, it appears. We won’t see their third guy unless we meet again in the third or fourth game.

Conor Grady, a righty, started their last Sunday ACC game at Louisville and got shelled. But he also started their regional winner at Georgia and pitched well. Regardless, I don’t think we’re seeing him. He did not pitch against LSU at all.

Once you get to the CWS, everyone is good & could win it all. That said, I like our odds in this bracket. We’re higher seeded than anyone in our bracket. TT is a good team, no doubt about that. FSU has played well the past two weeks—winning at Athens & Baton Rouge (2 out of 2 there). So, they’re hot. But I think we could have drawn a much tougher opening opponent. Then if we can win the second game, we’re in the winner’s bracket.

Our chances are as good as anyone’s except maybe Vandy. Better than most.

I don’t mind Vandy and Moo U beating up on each other on the other side of the bracket. Allbarn is over there too. Louisville’s getting ganged up on.