if gus loses to uga

in a close game and is thru with au, imo there will be lots of pgms after him…see uf for ex.

i hope he really is only wanting to “come home”.

That ship just sailed. No way he leaves there to come here, now. Anyone who thinks he is going to is setting themselves up for a big letdown.

The Gus Bus just drove off. I guess the GOBN should’ve told him to lose. Lol. Not that I thought he was seriously coming here to begin with. It’s a toss up now on who the next coach my be.

Heres the deal as far as the Aubrun folks are concerned. Win the next three and Gus wins an Eldorado Cadilac. Win the next two, then lose in the NCG and he wins a set of steak knives. Win any less than that and he’s fired. Get the picture?

You guys are pathetic. You don’t want us to hire a good coach because you are pissed Coach Bielema was canned. He deserved to be fired based upon his performance. In his 5th year we go 4-8 and 1-7 in the SEC…did y’all want to give him a raise? The Board and the fans wanted him gone. There were some fans such as you who wanted him to stay,but there were not many. This “I told you so crap” is not helping anything. .most of us knew Auburn had a good chance to win after seeing MSU outplay Bama. We want Gus because the guy is a really good coach. If we don’t get him…we’ll go after the next guy.

Right on

[quote=“Jhawg”]
You guys are pathetic. You don’t want us to hire a good coach because you are pissed Coach Bielema was canned. He deserved to be fired based upon his performance. In his 5th year we go 4-8 and 1-7 in the SEC…did y’all want to give him a raise? The Board and the fans wanted him gone. There were some fans such as you who wanted him to stay,but there were not many. This “I told you so crap” is not helping anything. .most of us knew Auburn had a good chance to win after seeing MSU outplay Bama. We want Gus because the guy is a really good coach. If we don’t get him…we’ll go after the next guy.
[/quote] I haven’t read a post for a while that stated BB should have been retained. That would be silly. Almost as silly are the rumors of contingencies that would bring Gus home

You don’t get to have it both ways. Can’t say “I told you so” about Bielema and then be mad when someone (although not really) says “I told you so” about this grand plan that “had” to already be locked in and a done deal.

I understand why Bielema was fired. I’ve been saying that for awhile. Probably had to happen, so your post of the year is inaccurate. What I don’t understand is how people think this had been handled well.

The firing of Long was unconscionable. I’m fine with the way Bielema was fired if he is.

But, there’s nothing wrong with being cynical about Boyer’s Rebellion. It hasn’t started off well.

Hopefully we will end up with a good coach. A few big things have already cut against us, though.

I did think that trick play Dowell ran a few weeks ago was pretty cool.

#WDE

[quote=“fatback”]

Thank you for pointing out that red herring.

Post of the year. +1

They want Gus because they think he can recruit that level of talent here like he and other coaches can at Aub.
Most all coaches are good when you have top 5 recruiting classes and laden with big redshirt classes as well creating a lot of talented depth.

What church in NWA is Gus going to use to pay recruits like Aubren has been doing?

This is correct.

Auburn had no use for Gus until he beat that Bama team yesterday. I am not sure folks understand how important that is to Auburn nation. It’s like beating Texas to Arkansas nation but bigger.

Remember what happened when we last beat Texas? We gave Bielema the keys to Fort Knox.

Auburn will not let their Coach who beat two #1 hated rivals leave for what they believe is an inferior program.

Plus have you been listening to Gus? That is not coach speak; he has big plans at Auburn.

We Hog fans know the drill with coaching searches as we are in one every 3 to 5 years. This coup will end up getting Gus a raise to Saban money and a huge buyout so Auburn is stuck with him til he retires or he’s all smiles like Coach B with his buyout. I suspect several other coaches will use us for more money. I also suspect Gus’s agent will string us along and we will go along while all the youngsters like Norvell get hired elsewhere – and we get stuck with what some see as a used car.

Remember this about the used car – Muschamp is working out pretty well at Carolina.

Even if Gus wins a title this year, auburn fans will turn on him unless he keeps it going. They fired Chizik 2 years removed from title. I would expect him to demand huge extension so he will be paid well when they run him off.

It is reality check time for the Gus Bus fans. Let it go and save some dignity, because he isn’t coming now…probably never more than a play for more money.

I think too many of us, including me at times, bought into the idea that influential Springdale donors had been negotiating with a very receptive Gus. These donors not only have a lot of influence at the UA, apparently they’re close to Gus. They’re used to getting what they want. They want Gus so we assumed (or many of us assumed) he was coming. Even if at some point he might have been, the win last night sealed the fact that he won’t be.

I have no idea if the decision makers at the UA (whoever they are) have a plan to hire a top notch coach who can be hired before we lose an entire recruiting class. I am worried that they don’t. Oh, we can hire a coach. A school that can pay $3-4M per year or more will get a lot of attention. However, we also have two major buyouts to pay for. I don’t know if any of our big donors will bail us out of those & still give enough to hire a new coach for a competitive salary. Those are the things I’d have like to have known before we fired our A.D. More important, I hope our BOT & chancellor knew whether we had enough money to do all that. So far, I’m not convinced.

I have no idea if it will make any difference, but Auburn is no lock to win next week. That crowd probably helped them put together two supreme performances in a row. The environment will be quite different in Atlanta, and Auburn is likely not to be as healthy. Malzahn also ran his mouth after whipping Georgia the first time. It wouldn’t shock me if the tables got turned next week. There is only so much gas in the tank.

There were a few people before Friday in favor of keeping him, in light of the injuries he had to coach around this year and the improved talent that is redshirting or a freshman this year. Even Alabama is not immune to the injury bug, as we found out last night; those third-string linebackers couldn’t handle Gus’ offense, and they were forced to put an offensive lineman back in who should have been on IR because they ran out of guards.

I said two months ago that if he went 4-8 this year he had basically no chance. He had used up his goodwill with the fans by blowing the leads to Misery and VTech last year. I didn’t think he would go 4-8, but he did. So the firing was completely unsurprising to me. I would have been OK with it if JL had kept him, which may have been the case if Jeff hadn’t been sacked, but once Long was out it was pretty obvious BB would follow.

Gus “Is Not” getting fired at Auburn this year. No way, no how.