I wrote on Kevin Kopps' night

5 Likes

Matt, what a wonderful story. One of your best. Kopps shows class in everything he does. He will be remembered as one of the all time greats to ever wear a Hog uniform. He will succeed in life. He’s certainly given Hog fans many, many great memories.

5 Likes

I agree with LDhog. That’s a fantastic story. I was as big of a fan as anyone of what he accomplished on the mound this year, but I’m an even bigger fan of the kind of person he seems to be. From everything I’ve heard and read about him, this is just who Kevin Kopps is.

It’s funny how, just four short months ago, few people beyond die-hard Hog baseball fans even knew who Kevin Kopps was. Life can really change in a short period of time.

I look forward to seeing where Kevin’s journey takes him.

5 Likes

Thank you, Kevin Kopps, for being a Razorback! You will be missed.

1 Like

Great Job Matt.Kevin is a class act and we will likely never see anybody do what he was able to do.We may have a guy that can have a sub 1 ERA but never will we see a guy who was basically a 1 man BP that could do long relief,set up and close,never seen an arm that could recover and repeat the next 2 days like his could.I tried to enjoy every second of what I was watching bc it was almost not Human,almost machine like…Thank you Kevin for what you did for this Team.God bless

3 Likes

Thank you for the article about a deserving young man. He displayed his Razorback colors admirably. God Bless Him for his efforts and dignity. GHG!

2 Likes

Well done, Matt.

1 Like

Good one Matt. In fact great one.
Kopps is class act making a lot of young fans very happy.
Also DVH is class act letting NCST have their moment of victory on the mound.

2 Likes

I’m one who thinks the Hogs over-performed all season. Just getting to 50 wins and two SEC crowns was magnificent. Kopps’ story this season is one of the greatest transformation stories I’ve seen in my lifetime. Wow.

I look forward to the “Go Fund Me” account being set up to build a statue in his likeness to be prominently positioned at B-W Stadium. It’s people like him that makes me proud to be a Razorback fan. He should forever be recognized not only for what he did as a Razorback but for the type person he is. May good health and fortune follow him on his journey through life.

Well said, LDhog! Kopps will be long remembered in the annals of Razorback greats in ANY sport. Beyond his AMAZING 2021 season records, Kevin earns my highest accolades for modeling the high character that epitomizes the best in Razorback athletics. Thanks, Kevin for providing thrills on the baseball field AND for being a model for others in character. Best wishes for all of your endeavors in all of the years ahead!

1 Like

Three time captains are rare. Not much else you need to know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.