I went to see Canaan Sandy Thursday...

on my way to Alabama to cover baseball.

He had surgery Thursday morning, slept for six hours and was his happy self when I got there.

Canaan gives me great inspiration.

As most know, he had his second stroke in a week a few days ago.

Surgery went well. I got to see pictures of the hole in his heart and where they fixed it.

He was obviously tired, but he and his mom Ginger were in great spirits.

He has some work ahead, but wants to get back to “work” being the Super Fan that he is as soon as possible. He was upset he was missing the Lady Razorbacks’ NIT game.

Canaan wants to be at next week’s baseball games. We’ll see.

There is a pic of him smiling during our visit on my Twitter and Facebook

I told him to get some good rest and take his time. We want him around for a long time.

Just a great young man

Thanks Dudley for the update. Canaan inspires fans from all over. A video of him welcoming the football team to Razorback stadium was posted on FB a couple of years ago. My FB page blew up with folks from all over showing him love. Canaan has fans from almost every SEC team.

We should all be more like Canaan. Prayers for Canaan and Ginger.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/1108894256935112705

Awesome Dudley and as I mentioned in another thread, you’re to be commended and thanks for update & pics of Canaan.
No greater inspiration than this young man.

Great great news .

You’re a good man for checking on him. Lifted his spirits. And yours.

Can’t wait to see the Super Fan back on his feet and back having fun! All
Our prayers are with him and his family!
God blessed us all by having Canaan Sandy to show us how we should enjoy life and treat each other!

Very nice work Dudley. Proud to have Canaan as a fellow Razorback fan, and I hope he’s able to be a “Superfan” for many years to come.

Very cool report thanks

You my man…are one good dude Dudley! I think all of us Hog fans and Canaan Sandy fans would love to go by and see him and lift his spirits (and ours) but we know we can’t so we are thankful you can and report back to us on him. Thank you for doing that and safe travels back from the Bama series sir!

He was able to go home on Friday.

Great news Dudley