I want Sam to lose the fear when ahead

As has occurred multiple times this season when we have been ahead by multiple scores Sam seems to direct briles to run the ball and burn clock. Only so many run plays you can call especially when all in stadium knows you are going to run it.

I want Sam to lose the fear and keep pushing to put up points.

6 Likes

We certainly floundered going toward the finish line and seems it is not the first time. We need to be able to perform headed toward the finish.

1 Like

He did lose the fear. We called a pass play for what would have been a first down … until it was ruled a fumble.

3 Likes

Sam better start putting theses teams away. This could of been a total disgrace for our football program if we would of lost this game.

1 Like

Got a bunch of armchair OCs on this board who don’t know an RPO from an RBI.

6 Likes

He sure wasn’t conservative giving the ball to a WR when trying to run out the clock and Kansas with no timeouts.

1 Like

It was obvious Sam wanted to run the ball and put Kansas away. As usual, we could not do that. We should have continued to run our offense that had put up 38 points on Kansas. Pittman almost squandered away the lead against Ole Miss and did against Kansas. His lack of game management experience is pretty obvious.

7 Likes

The pattern was like the first half of the season. We win the first half, we get outcoached and out played in the third quarter, and scrape for a win in the final quarter despite the best effort of the officials tonight.

It was a run play that is what we are talking about.

Yeah but it was a receiver running with the ball.

You miss the point. It doesn’t matter who the runner was it was a damn running play.

Granted it was successful until the fumble. There was 3 prior possessions that one or two throws iced the game instead of hamstringing the oc with his run play call sheet

2 Likes

I don’t miss the point. If he’d run up the middle with a RB until 4th down and kicked a FG we’d have been up by 18 under 2 minutes left. So he wasn’t being overly conservative.

We went scoreless in our final FIVE possessions of regulation. Against Kansas.

I know we put up a lot of yards, but the offense failed at putting that game away.

5 Likes

Tough folks around here…

3 Likes

I want a Replay Official that is not afraid to overturn a clearly blown fumble call. This thread would not exist if that had happened. :blush:

7 Likes

What a ridiculous OP. Play calling was anytbut conservative. The last 3 minutes of that game was an incredible run of bad officiating and bad luck. We were a much better team than KU with a short roster.

We won, btw

5 Likes

You’d think we lost. And won with guys I’d never seen on the field.

3 Likes

It’s not Sam, it’s not Briles… wait for it… it’s the OL! We need a little bit , of an upgrade in talent, especially on that left side, and we need better strength strength and conditioning!

We ran a WR reverse. It worked until the WR fumbled, except he didn’t fumble. Kind of an important detail.

I had friends griping (as here) because it was a WR and not KJ running the ball. I guess people have forgotten KJ has had some monster fumbles, one that turned the whole season.

3 Likes

I saw nothing wrong with giving the ball to Landers. He made a great play earlier in the drive on the third-down catch.

1 Like