I think it will feel strange

being 3-1 after this weekend, but if we are still anywhere that after 8 games I will be wonderfully surprised.

The team is taking baby steps in the right direction. I have a 1-year-old and have watched how fast baby steps can turn into walking, then sprinting around the house.

I don’t know how this season will turn out, but I don’t think it will be as gloomy as many predicted after the Ole Miss game. I see some reasons to be optimistic about what this year’s team can do, relative to where it has been.

I’ve got a lot more confidence that we can finish drives. I want to see the defense contain the edge and contain a scrambling QB before I’m ready to declare that we will go bowling. I do like the “getting better game-to-game” that I’m seeing. I’m also a “game isn’t over until score says 0.00”, so I’ll wait until the San Jose State game is over to say we are 3-1.

I agree. I’m trying to keep my expectations low, but if we stay healthy (a big “if”), I think we might win a couple of SEC games. No disrespect to Ben Hicks, but I can’t help but wonder how the OM game might have ended if Starkel had started it.

I was hoping for six wins…maybe doable, but I’m not seeing it. Do I expect the team to play a lot better than last year, yes.

I’m going to wait until Morris finally wins an SEC game to put on my cardinal-colored shades… I’ve tried 'em on a few times, but I have never worn them outside in the sunshine. I’m afraid I might burst into flames.