I really don't care who wins CWS

since Hogs are not there except TEXAS! I will not be surprised if Stanford does after the beating they put on TT in Super Regional. We shall see. I will watch a few games but not all.

I hate Texas a lot, always have. So I’ll be rooting hard for them to lose. And I would like to see one of our SEC teams win it all – it will always be known that they lost to the number one team of the year.

I’ve always had soft spot for Mississippi State, almost sent a kid there to college, and they’re just a great university that were surprisingly good hosts on a college visit. I like Tennessee because of friends in that State. I’m not really a fan of Vanderbilt this year, but I’d rather it be one of our three SEC teams, so if they get to the final, I’ll pull for them. I would like a Mississippi State-Vandy final.

1 Like

I’ve discovered the team I want to see lose most is Tenn.

3 Likes

I’m numb to it. If I watch much it will be an accident. Might watch some of a night game. I think the afternoon games will be during nap time - after early morning fishing!

4 Likes

I’m with you Clay, time for some fishing if it’s not to hot.
Nothing relaxes the mind better.

Viles v. Commode Doors for all the marbles.

1 Like

I doubt I watch any of it. I guess part of me hopes NCSt wins it all, but that’s mainly because I don’t want Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, or Vandy to win it. I’m indifferent to Virginia, Arizona or Stanford.

Sigh.

3 Likes

I agree

I hope I don’t even accidentally see any of it. I have no interest at all now.

2 Likes

no to the SEC and Texas…don’t want to hear from them rubbing it in our face…hoping one of the other 4 wins…think it may come down to Arizona/Stanford

I’ll just wait till the Little League World Series before I really watch anymore baseball. Only interest in Majors is when October rolls around.

Of the SEC teams, I would hope to see TN lose. If they played Texas, go Vols.

2 Likes

As well as Arkansas fans travel, I’d bet the Omaha hotel/restaurant businesses are not pleased we did not make it. I’ll not be watching.

2 Likes

Ok, I don’t understand. I don’t like Texas or Tenn, so I want Vandy to win it all and yes I’ll be watching the whole thing. We were so close, but it wasn’t in the cards so let’s keep it in the conference–as long as it’s not the Vols I too was at the 1971 Liberty Bowl and while I don’t carry a grudge (ok maybe I do)–any body but Tennessee. I admit, I would be torn if it came down to Texas/Tenn. Even though I live in Texas, I can’t imagine me rooting for the Shorthorns. Just can’t do it.

1 Like

I’ll watch most of it,bc there is nothing else on and I want to see how the SEC does against the other teams.

Can’t watch it, Billy. I think it would feel like watching your sweetheart kiss another dude. College baseball is over for me. I do hope Tenn is beaten early and often.

3 Likes

If its like the football split on money, your get a certain piece of the piece for making the playoff and then a bigger piece for making the finals. So I hope two SEC teams make the Finals because that will mean more money for Arkansas. Otherwise, no big interest in who wins. If you twisted my arm and made me choose, I’d pick Miss State. WE swept them in their house this year. SO let them win the title.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see NC State make a run. Those guys can hit.

2 Likes

I would just as soon as see MS State win. But I’m going to go on a rant about the conference tournaments again! Going deep into that tournament was “rat poison” for us. We lost Slavens and Zeb by playing those extra games, not to mention getting into so many pressure situations. I know it’s about the money, but why can’t they just play the east winner against the west winner in best of three. Same thing in basketball but just the east/west in one game. I’m with Booger McFarland on this. We are asking college athletes to play too many games for some profit! He made these comments on the 12 team football playoffs.

1 Like

If your narrative is that a deep run in the SECT is harmful to later post season success, then, of course, you will be even more convinced when a season like this plays out the way it did.

But if that narrative is true, then why didn’t we make significant runs for a national title all those years that we didn’t really play well in Hoover? And if that narrative is true, why does it only apply to the Razorbacks? (It sure doesn’t apply to Vandy or LSU).