I know they are saying

… Maroon — White, but honestly it sounds like Food — Fight.

1 Like

Sounded to me like Bud Light…

2 Likes

told an old high school girl friend and her dad congratulations!but reminded them that we swept all 3 games at their place…so we were their daddy!

1 Like

They might be CWS champions in the next 30 minutes and that 3 game sweep means zero, and I mean zero. They have something we don’t and nothing else matters at this point.

2 Likes

Have to agree with that. Doesn’t matter if we swept them the last 5 years.
They Have CWS Ring!!!

2 Likes

Um, MSU is our daddy. They win the title. We don’t.

MSU is every teams daddy….there can be only 1 daddy in this deal.

Congratulations to the Dawgs.

1 Like

I didn’t watch a single second of Omaha. But my reaction when I saw the final score last night was one word:

Bleep.

3 Likes

I’m Glad Ms. State kicked Vandys tail, they needed a dose of humility, can’t wait to we get them next yr at Baum.

1 Like

I was pulling for some sort of cancellation of the tournament. I wasn’t going to be happy with either of them winning. This is the first time I’ve really felt this was about a CWS, but all year long I’ve just been too swept up into the idea that this one was going to be ours. I know that was a mistake. I knew it when it was happening it was a mistake, but I couldn’t help it.

There just isn’t much solace in knowing we were the best team in college baseball this year. There’s some, but not much. And we were the best team. But the champion is the team that wins the CWS–even if they don’t even place in the conference standings.

I’m glad we won the SEC & the SECT, but I’d trade 'em both in a heartbeat for that CWS ring. Maybe next year. Our program is good enough that we should expect to get to Omaha every year. One day, maybe soon, we’ll win it all. Damn, I sure hope so.

1 Like

unbelievable.

MSU will go back to cattle mutilation next year…

Injuries to our pitching staff may have been the blow they couldn’t overcome.
Pallette would have been a great help on the post season. Like Cub fans always say there’s next season!
What a fun season our hogs gave us!

1 Like

I hope we don’t have to wait as long as Cub fans had to. I admit this season’s end was especially frustrating because we all knew we were the best team with the best chance to win it all.

2 Likes

I am probably as bummed as anyone except DVH and the team. But I think the whole season matters….Not just the final tournament. We were clearly the best team this year…. We swept the tourney winner in their own park. We won every series. We had the toughest strength of schedule. We won 80%! of games against top 20 teams. We won the SEC tourney easily. We got everyone’s best shot as the unanimous no 1 team for much of the year. We beat three top ten teams from Texas to start the year. We had the national player of the year. Led the country in HRs. Phenomenal season. Not winning the final tourney hurts but it has to be in context of a historically great season.

The one thing we have to get better at or start doing more is small ball. We lived and died by the HR and that usually doesn’t win you the NC. IMO we have to bunt more in these real close games. Ms State style is perfect for Omaha bc they put the ball in play and put the pressure on the defense to play almost perfect.

I love the long ball! But you better be able to manufacture runs with RISP or you will eventually lose games when u need them most… hopefully we see more of that next yr.

totally agree, we could not manufacture runs, we relied on the big chance

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.