I keep reading that the key to Sampson

may be agreeing to make his son the HC in waiting.

If so, that’s absurd on many levels.

I’m not sure any coach should have that kind of pull (without some major history with the school and many more accomplishments than Sampson) but Sampson isn’t worth that. His son has never been a HC anywhere. He has never made a FF and he has a 5-year NCAA show cause penalty in his past.

Maybe this (more than $) is what he wants from Houston and he’s leveraging us. But, if we are seriously considering that we have the wrong AD.

Let’s wait and see what happens. I just don’t think that’s going to happen.

I’m actually hearing it’s both kids. He has a daughter on staff at Houston as well. Wants both to be retained if he retires. That’s coming from Houston boards, not ours

It’s a message board. So, I’m just posting about things I’m ready from National college basketball sports writers.

I hope it doesn’t happen. The fact I keep reading it as a possibility from said writers is odd and concerning.

Which, if true, would make it seem like even more of a power play to juice Houston and Fertita.

Arkansas shouldn’t have to do all that. And, frankly, it’s just odd.

The fact that it is being floated by national writers makes me think it might be something in play.

I don’t know about y’all but I’m glad my daddy didn’t feel I was so incompetent that he had to leverage jobs to make sure I was employed. Not saying that Sampson feels that way but I’d hope he thinks his kid could land on his feet if he retired. I actually did follow in my dad’s footsteps(by choice) until he passed and I realized I hated what I was doing.

While perhaps odd, I don’t think difficult to say “could be considered” after a certain period of time and if program has achieved certain levels of sustained success etc. just not guaranteeing…

At this stage we need be creative and get this done.

Not sure we want to take a chance on other small D1 guys.

We need someone like Sampson experience this time to show we are serious.

We can take small D1 or mid major type as anytime.

While perhaps odd, I don’t think difficult to say “could be considered” after a certain period of time and if program has achieved certain levels of sustained success etc. just not guaranteeing…

At this stage we need be creative and get this done.

Not sure we want to take a chance on other small D1 guys.

We need someone like Sampson experience this time to show we are serious.

We can take small D1 or mid major type as anytime.

I refuse to believe that it’s an issue or anything of substance.

Do you realize how many Sampson and Son T-shirts we could selll?

:lol:

I’m not onboard with the idea of hiring Sampson and him basically hiring his replacement this is wrong in so many ways, just say no thanks and continue the search! WPS

I did, too, until Goodman threw it out and I remembered that despite my severe dislike for him, he sometimes breaks news and is right. I still think it’s very unlikely, but writers mentioning it in print worries me.

Damn…I shoulda thought of that one!
Post of the Day nominee.

Pure gold. I like that. That brought a really big smile.

I am thinking the son issue may be why this is taking longer than Yuracheck expected.

I have this feeling that all along (and there is some information out there) Yuracheck and Sampson have talked about Arkansas job and Yuracheck agreed to the coach-in-waiting concept. He probably sees nothing wrong with it. But once the word got out, Yuracheck started hearing a pushback from the fans and the media. So he may be trying to talk Sampson out of it and it is just taking time to come up with a compromise like if son doesn’t become a coach, he can become Assistant AD or some such feel good position.

Just speculating.

:lol:

And all the memes that will come out of it???