i keep hearing

you gotta run the ball to be successful in football. and don’t get me wrong, i love a good running game, especially when your defense isn’t that good. but new england is disproving the theory. they have almost no running game. they throw it all over the field. not long stuff but short ball control stuff. they had a 6 minute drive mostly throwing the ball…impressed of course with their comeback, but atlanta on defense just got winded…

that might be the only way to beat bama… not many teams run the ball on them. anyone notice how tired the falcons defensive front was in the second half. takes a lot of effort to rush the passer and brady dinged them to death. did the same thing to the steelers, and all year really.

If the Falcons had run it two more times when they were up at 8 at the New England 22 and then kicked the FG, they would be the champions today.

if brady had scored rather than throw a pick6 the clearly inferior team never would have had the big lead

best team won

Sometimes brain-farts can be deadly.

In searching for info on Trey, I think I saw something on the number of snaps New England had: 99.

Think Trey had sack that took falcons out field goal range-- would have been 11 point lead rather than 8-- Trey won the game

Think Trey had sack that took falcons out field goal range-- would have been 11 point lead rather than 8-- Trey won the game

I guess the Falcons can now say that they didn’t come to paint.

LOL, this is too funny. yeah, we’ll beat Bama by throwing the ball when BRADY is our QB.

I believe the winning touchdown was a sweep. And, I saw other running plays. I don’t think you have to run it all the time, but you do need to be able to run it. NFL teams get to keep their QB for quite some time, so they ought to be good at throwing, but any team that cannot run the ball will have trouble. I think the Falcons did know they were going to have to be prepared for run, too.

Of course they ran it some if for nothing else but yo keep the defense honest. But New England moves the ball through the air. And they won time of possession. They have no goal to be even in yardage run vs pass. They are a passing team with an occasional run. Gotta run it when your inside the 2 or 3 yard line. At least once if not twice. But they are not a dominant offensive line running team. Atlanta out rushed them. I just think they execute something very unique in today’s game. Has proven to work I would say.