I guess we'll know more about Dre soon

I don’t expect him to play Saturday. If he can’t play at full speed anytime soon, I would hope the coaching staff would consider taking advantage of the new red shirt rule. Just save him for the final three games of the season, when he could make the difference in us being a bowl team or staying home. Then bring him back next year, and we could have a special linebacking group. Of course Dre would have to be on board with this plan. I don’t know what his NFL prospects are. I suspect however, that it wouldn’t hurt for him to show the scouts that he can play a full season.

I think he will play more than four games.

I’m sure he could play more than four games Clay. My question is how many of those games will he be close to 100%?

It would seem in talking to some people that he will miss this one and maybe North Texas.

But it all depends on how quickly he heals and his level of pain tolerance.

It is all hands on deck for this team. We are not able to redshirt a guy like Dre Greenlaw. He has to play if he is healthy even if it is for a few games. We need to give ourselves the chance to have the best season we can. We can’t wait for next year. We’ve been waiting since Bobby left town. I wish Bret had never sent that thank you note to Jeff Long.

Don’t rush him back if you don’t need too. If it means sitting next 2 and we can get by without him the great and so be it. Have him ready to roll for game 4. Hopefully if this is the case, the D will rise up in his absence!

[quote=“Hawgfan1”]

Don’t rush him back if you don’t need too. If it means sitting next 2 and we can get by without him the great and so be it. Have him ready to roll for game 4. Hopefully if this is the case, the D will rise up in his absence!

[/quote]I’ve never known a high ankle sprain to be listed as “day-to-day” in the week of the sprain. If he’s really day-to-day, I’d expect him to play some in this game.

I hope he can come back by SEC play. He sure was laying the lumber on the those guys before the injury.

I agree with you daBoar and maybe it wasn’t that bad of a high ankle sprain if there is such a thing??? If so, that is what I hope it is and have him back for the 4th game!

that’s a injury that’s hard to rush back and dangerous to IMO. they pretty much always takles 4-6 weeks unless it wasn’t a bad sprain.

He sits this one out. Hopefully he won’t be needed.

Dre needs to do what’s best for him and his career, coming back and possibly getting injured beyond repair would be ridiculous. Let’s keep him out until he’s 100% even if that’s next year, bring him back in the next two games doesn’t make sense at all to me, maybe I’m missing something here. WPS

I think coaches use Day to day to mean about anything. I don’t think we will know for a bit as to how Chad Morris plays the game with injuries.