I gotta be honest...

I am so sick of those that say the losses are on the players, not CMA.
They say, did Mike miss those free throws?
Did Mike tell Adrio to take a bad shot?
Does Mike tell Gabe to take 3 pointers?

Is this even a real argument??
It’s a joke.
With these type of arguments, why should any coach anywhere be fired??
I’m sure all coaches everywhere would like their players to just know when and how to make all the right decisions.
It’s CMA’s JOB, that he makes millions of dollars, to make sure that Adrio and Gabe realize they are NOT our go-to offensive options.
Or that the players know that Gaffird should probably get more than 4 shots.
Or somehow, (gasp), devise some sort of scheme that allows us to interplay the ball handling, driving ability of Harris, the pure stroke of Joe, the play making of Jones, and the offensive abilities of our preseason All American.

This team has talent that is being squandered.
Just like all the nice talent coming up the AR high school ranks likely will be.
It’s a real shame.
It’s the calling card of the Mike supporters.
Look at the talent coming up. In my opinion, it’s actually one of the reasons we gotta look real hard at the situation

I’m guessing there are just few out there like myself that are about ready to “let go of the rope”.

I agree with you and would add that roster management over the last few years has been terrible!

[quote=“GoPigorGoHome”]

I am so sick of those that say the losses are on the players, not CMA.
They say, did Mike miss those free throws?
Did Mike tell Adrio to take a bad shot?
Does Mike tell Gabe to take 3 pointers?

Is this even a real argument??
It’s a joke.
With these type of arguments, why should any coach anywhere be fired??
I’m sure all coaches everywhere would like their players to just know when and how to make all the right decisions.
It’s CMA’s JOB, that he makes millions of dollars, to make sure that Adrio and Gabe realize they are NOT our go-to offensive options.
Or that the players know that Gaffird should probably get more than 4 shots.
Or somehow, (gasp), devise some sort of scheme that allows us to interplay the ball handling, driving ability of Harris, the pure stroke of Joe, the play making of Jones, and the offensive abilities of our preseason All American.

This team has talent that is being squandered.
Just like all the nice talent coming up the AR high school ranks likely will be.
It’s a real shame.
It’s the calling card of the Mike supporters.
Look at the talent coming up. In my opinion, it’s actually one of the reasons we gotta look real hard at the situation

I’m guessing there are just few out there like myself that are about ready to “let go of the rope”.

[/quote]I was one of the ones who said he didn’t miss the FTs, because, well, he DIDN’T. However, to your point, he is responsible for the product on the court, and he did take responsibility of their poor play, especially not getting Gafford more shots.

Is the program going to advance under CMA? It has advanced from what it was a decade ago, but it hasn’t come close to the heights of the mid-1990’s. I’m not sure it can reach those heights again. Times have changed; rules have changed. I understand those who want more; we all do. Let’s see if this team matures and gets better for a stretch run. If it doesn’t, there may be a hot seat soon.

I agree with what your saying, what I get sick of those claiming what you say should happen isn’t happening, or that everything that goes wrong is automatically Anderson’s fault. All I’m saying is both sides have to bear responsibility depending on the situation. Fans tend to look only one way and look for a scapegoat. Anderson, with some fans, is being judged unfairly, and that’s a shame and the calling card of Anderson detractors.

So, if I go check your post history right now I will see several posts of you saying how talented these kids are before the season started, it wouldn’t have you criticizing CMA’s recruiting and lack of talent on the roster? Because off the top of my head I remember you being one of the guys that’s been critical of the roster, but now all of a sudden, we’re so talented, but it’s being squandered by the coach. :roll:

Also, I’ve yet to see one poster on here say CMA is not to blame for anything if you can find a post where somebody is saying that, please provide the quote, all of us realize that he is the coach and this is his team so he’s always going to be responsible for the product put out there, however some of us that know about basketball realize that players have to make plays and make shots, doesn’t matter how good of a coach you are, you can’t make shots for people. Joe has been nearly a 50% three point shooter on the year, and he shot 2/10 last night and missed wide open looks , heck everyone did, except for Jones.

The team played good enough defense last night to win, guys that normally make shots for us just couldn’t buy buckets plain and simple, if you want to be mad at CMA for that, that’s on you, but don’t be expecting people that actually watch basketball and know bad shootings night happens to join your bandwagon.

Lol. I should’ve known that one would draw you out.
You’re so predictable…acting like you know posting histories etc.
You know nothing about my post history.
Go ahead and pull up some of my posts criticizing this roster. Good luck.
That was pathetic basketball and coaching last night. Period.
Anyone defending that debacle should probably not be preaching about all their “basketball knowledge”.

Just my .02.
PS…
We’ve gone back and forth before.
It’s a waste of my time, yours, and everyone else’s.
So I’m gonna let you have the last word here.
Go on with your allegiance to Mike. It’s admirable and at least you are consistent.

I did look at your post history and remember your bull that’s why I brought it up. You complained several different times last year about our roster and lack of depth and that was a 23 win team. Also, looking at your post history you seem to only like posting after losses. You’re obsessed with wanting CMA fired and anytime any little thing goes wrong you create a thread with all these reasons on why he’s so bad. If the product he puts out there is so bad, go watch something else, you’ll never ever see me watching something for 8 years that I think is a “debacle.” Most people don’t watch stuff they don’t like, doesn’t take any “basketball knowledge” to know that.

Every team has a leader. This is a universal truth. It applies to all businesses. Every organization has a leader. Sometimes there are sub groups that have a leader. This also applies to sport teams.

Mike Anderson is the leader of the basketball team. I think that the most successful teams have a leader. The National Champion team was led absolutely by Nolan Ricardson. Even though he was not the most talented player, Corey Beck was the unquestioned leader of the Championship team.

Mike Anderson is not responsible for everything that happens on the court. When a player for whatever reasons misses a shot , makes a turnover, or commits a foul, Mike did not make the players err. The players have different skills and need to be used accordingly.

Mike Anderson does have the power and responsibility to teach player basketball fundamentals. He is responsible for the scouting, game plans, and recruiting.
I like Mike Anderson and genuinely want him to succeed. I think that Mike certainly deserves an opportunity to fix the problem But nobody needs a repeat of the Florida game. Everyone knows we had a horrible game. Mason Jones was the only bright spot of the game. Get the ball to Gafford, clean up the sloppy turnovers, make sure that shots are good ones and suited to each player and make free throws. There is no mystery that problems are going to pop up from time to time, especially with a young team. However, these problems must not become the norm. I am very disappointed but I know that the players and coaches are more disappointed than the fans are.

Hopefully, this is a one game aberration and will not be repeated this year. I will try to remain optimistic about our team and hope that fans will continue to support our team. Remember, criticizing our team is not always a bad thing. Apathy is much worse. And I think that all true fans just want the team to get better.

Looking at the last six games, bad shooting just didn’t happen in this one… there is a trend. The FT shooting is (fill in the blank) and sliding down the banks of hell. It will be interesting to see what MA does with this team in the second half of the season because I think there will be a real issue in the fan base if it turns out bad.

I get sick of posters acting like the coach is fully to blame after every loss, as if basketball is a deterministic chess match with equal talent that behaves exactly the same every game and the only variable is what strategy the coaches employ. Nobody knows what the coaches told the players to do, and it’s not like the coach can magically make eight frosh play as well as they will when they are eight seniors. That’s not the fault of the coach or the players. Being human, there is a learning and development curve. All we can talk about with any knowledge is what actually happened on the floor. As to whether the players perfectly executed a bad plan, ignored instructions from the coach, didn’t have the required ability to execute a good plan, or just had an off night, who knows. And there is ZERO point in talking about roster management after every loss because you can’t make roster moves during the season. We knew exactly what the roster was going to be for every game months ago.

At this point, it’s all about results. There are no more “rebuilding years” in college hoop anymore. Win or be fired. No excuses. MA’s fate should be decided by what transpires between now and the end of the season. This all might be steps on the path to March greatness. It could happen.

We have some fans, and I use that term loosely, who would be happy if we fired the coach every time we lose a game. Off with his head!

Firing a coach don’t help and isn’t the answer to build a program.
Knee jerk reactions by the fan base may be on full display by the fan base but they need to consider how bad and miserable it was before CMA came back “home”!

I have friends that once said “I’m not traveling to Fayetteville to watch the game tonight”, they now say “I’m not going to watch tonight’s game on television”. Empty seats and apathy will require Yurochek to do his job.

It seems every year we have this kind of meltdown among the fans, and every year, CMA’s teams seem to get better for the stretch run, which is the time you want to be playing the best. Surely, nobody enjoyed Wednesday night’s game, especially not CMA, but please recognize how young this team is and how high the growth ceiling is for each freshman, and give them and CMA the opportunity to achieve it.

I guess the truth or falsity of that statement depends on what you mean by a “rebuilding year”. Only 16 programs have made the NCAAT in the last four years and 21 the last 3 years. If just not making the NCAAT, no matter how close you get, is am unacceptable “rebuilding year”, about 330 coaching changes should have occurred in the last three years by that standard.

http://mcubed.net/ncaab/strkr64c.shtml

If you look at that list, it’s evident that teams fall in and out of the NCAAT more often than many suppose.

Common sense & overall outlook & the near foreseeable future of the program will require Yuracheck to do his job. Which is stand pat for now I would assume.
Apparently you don’t have enough friends that stay home to make Bud Walton look empty yet.

We were 4-4 in our last 8 games last season and lost our last two games (Tenn in the SEC Tourney and Butler in the first rd of the NCAA Tourney)of the season by a combine 35pts.

[quote=“BiffMalibu”]

We were 4-4 in our last 8 games last season and lost our last two games (Tenn in the SEC Tourney and Butler in the first rd of the NCAA Tourney)of the season by a combine 35pts.

[/quote]Last year, they won 6 of their last 8 in the regular season, which most would say is being good down the stretch of the regular seaosn. They then won the first two in the SEC Tournament before bowing out to a hot Tennessee team. And then lost a first-round NCAA game that they shouldn’t have. We can all agree to that.

The year before, they won 6 of the final 7 regular season games–again that is a good stretech run. They won two of three in the SEC tournament and then had an opening-round NCAA Tournament win before losing (being screwed?) in the second round to eventual national champion North Carolina.

Generally speaking, they get better down the stretch.

All the SEC colleges pay millions to their head coach. All that gets you is the middle of the pack. The top colleges have advantages in recruiting. They get better players than Arkansas. That is the only difference.