I finally saw a replay that showed Kamani ----------------

--------------------- tapping the top of his head while pointing at the SDSU player that was under Brazile’s dunk. That got him a technical for taunting I know but I don’t know what that means? Can someone educate an old fart on the message being sent?

Basically, Kamani had just witnessed a murder and was simply showing the zebras where the bearded victim received the kill shot.

3 Likes
3 Likes

My kids tell me that means, “on your head!”

Like, I just slammed the ball and it landed on your head. High school football players do it too to signify that someone just got schooled.

It’s a sign of disrespect. Not good sportsmanship. However, given the absolute monstrosity of that dunk, I think fans - if not officials - should let it slide.

Kamani already has 2 technical fouls in the first 3 games. He needs to can the on-court antics and just play basketball.

3 Likes

Lighten up. Kamani is a passionate kid. The refs could have T’d up the entire Bud last night. That dunk was so filthy I took 2 showers when I got home. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

He was basically just saying hey dude that was on top of your head LOL stupid to call a technical on that

1 Like

Unless it’s profane, they should let these kids celebrate some.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of celebration that doesn’t disrespect the opponent but there’s a time and place for everything.

1 Like

My concern,is that if these borderline, over the top celebrations, are not addressed now, they might result in a technical in a tight game, later on. Kind of like the dog peeing incident by the Ole Miss player in the Egg Bowl a few years ago. Not very funny, if it costs you a game.

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t keep score either. I hate for folks to feel like losers.

Keeping score is pretty important. Treating your opponent with respect is too. Treat others how you want to be treated.

2 Likes

Trash talk has always been and will always be an accepted part of the game among the players. They feel no disrespect. Only you.

I do agree with this. Players talk crap to each other all the time. They are used to it. My son used to think it was fun and he took as much as an undersized LB as he could give out. He played RB and LB. He trucked guys sometimes and got trucked sometimes too. They played above their classification pretty often. I would see him laughing on the field and ask him after the game what was so funny. It was always some kind of trash talk.

2 Likes

I’m sure Muss has reminded K he has received multiple T’s…tend to remember better when you are reminded during practice. :sunglasses:

Is that why we always hear about trash talking getting in peoples’ heads?

It doesn’t matter how you justify it. It’s poor sportsmanship.

3 Likes

Aloha,
Wasn’t Larry Bird the King of Trash Talkers?
UA… Campus of Champions

1 Like

All the best players in all sports talk trash…some quieter than others. But, They. All. Talk. Trash.
You want, as a competitor, to live in the head of your opponent. The people who complain about it are already beat.
It has nothing to do with sportsmanship, and everything to do with gaining an advantage to win.

2 Likes

He wasn’t the king of it, but definitely in the Hall of Fame. MJ was up there too. K.G. may have been the worst

Larry Bird talked a lot of trash.