I don't know how he did it at UAB and Misery...

but Coach Anderson is a garbage coach. All these resources, all the support and still can’t teach a team to stay in front of their man. Dominated on the boards, STOP PRESSING IT DOESNT WORK, we had one guy to stop and couldn’t do it, it goes on and on.

So frustrated. Year 6 people. Year blankety $&@%#} 6.

Garbage!

Poor recruiting up to this point. Everyone seems to have better talent at guard than us. Watkins and Hannahs were not even offered scholarships out of high school. We originally did’nt go after beard. They were not close to being first choices. We have a good coach, he has just fail to sign good enough players. We better hit a hot streak.

Also doesn’t help when our fans go bashing our current players and coaches on twitter after games. I see Bobby Portis defending now against some now on there. I just SMH at Arkansas sometimes. The logic in some of our “fans” amazes me.

Also doesn’t help when our fans go bashing our current players and coaches on twitter after games. I see Bobby Portis defending now against some now on there. I just SMH at Arkansas sometimes. The logic in some of our “fans” amazes me.

IT is not right that they do that, but that is how fans are for every team. Not just Arkansas. That is what social media has created.

There were fans bashing Bobby Portis last night for defending Arkansas.

That was over the line

I looked at college basketball historical stats on turnovers – the stat that was the focus of Nolan’s system and, until recently, Mike Anderson’s too.

Turnovers have been trending down in college basketball since the 1990s. They took a step-function down several years ago when the new “rules of emphasis” came through.

Tempo in college basketball has slowed, but part of that comes from fewer turnovers. Fewer turnovers = fewer possessions.

The game has changed, Anderson’s trying to adapt, and maybe he’s not finished adapting. I thought that in a lot of preseason games MA experimented. Did he find anything he could hang his hat on? We appear to be between philosophies right now. The press does not apply much pressure. We are not completely committed to anything else either. It all seems reflexive instead of planned.

I’m confused. Did he or did he not do it at UAB and misery? You seem to indicate he did. You also seem to indicate you don’t know how he did it, which shows your lack of knowledge. And then still you say he’s garbage. Is the problem your stupidity or his? Teach me something.

I think it’s okay to point to a coach’s shortcomings since he’s making millions to supposedly coach his players but criticizing players should be off limits since they can only do what their coach allows

He has been garbage at Arkansas, which is surprising to me since he had successful runs at UAB and Missouri. Therefore, I suppose it’s “his stupidity”, since I’m just a working stiff with no influence on what happens on the court.

With all that being said this season is far from over, but it’s not encouraging with the way we have been trending in conference play. I’m back off the ledge and will glued to the screen on Saturday. Maybe it is “my stupidity”?

Yes, it was, as a hog fan I was really embarrassed. And the same people that do stuff like that wonder why some in-state kids have no interest in playing for Arkansas. It’s fine if schools like Alabama do it in football and Kentucky fans do it in basketball, those schools can afford their fans getting a little crazy at times. But here at Arkansas, one of the few schools that is really dependent on our in-state kids to come here to have success, we just don’t need them attacking a former in-state kid for defending his school and coach, it’s a horrible look.

Especially one of the best & most loyal Hogs ever

I don’t think our coach is stupid. I think he knows how to win. I think sometimes it happens quickly but sometimes it takes a while. I want to win right now and if you can go get me a coach and guarantee he will win right now and continue into the future, the right way, I will do everything in my power to help make that happen. I enjoy message boards for information, not for whiners. We have a lot of whiners on here.

This got me thinking about our 1993 roster. I was young then and didn’t pay attention to where our players were from. One starter from Arkansas.

Jr. G Corey Beck 6’2" 210 lbs. Memphis, TN.

Jr. F Ray Biggers 6’8" 215 lbs. Houston, TX.

Sr. F Ken Biley 6’6" 210 lbs. Pine Bluff, AR.

Sr. G Roger Crawford 6’4" 185 lbs. Birmingham, AL.

Jr. G Alex Dillard 6’1" 175 lbs. Bessemer, AL.

Fr. G John Engskov 6’3" 180 lbs. Berryville, AR.

Jr. F Elmer Martin 6’8" 225 lbs. Memphis, TN.

Jr. G Clint McDaniel 6’4" 190 lbs. Tulsa, OK.

So. G Reggie Merritt 6’1" 170 lbs. Little Rock, AR.

Jr. G Davor Rimac 6’7" 205 lbs. Zagreb, Croatia

Fr. C Darnell Robinson 6’11" 245 lbs. Oakland, CA.

Jr. C Dwight Stewart 6’9" 270 lbs. Memphis, TN.

So. F Scotty Thurman 6’6" 195 lbs. Ruston, LA.

So. F Corliss Williamson 6’7" 245 lbs. Russellville, AR.

Fr. C Lee Wilson 6’11" 235 lbs. Waco, TX.

I hear that one was a pretty decent player.

No doubt. Those only come around ever so often. He had no desire to go to any other school. Had nothing to do with recruiting. Had to do with him. Bobby was another. The pieces don’t come from Arkansas. Not really sure they ever have.

Fans and people in general are not as nice and polite as they were many years ago. I suppose it is okay to let off a little steam and express your frustration over losing by criticizing the coach. However, unless they commit a crime, criticizing a player, let alone criticizing Bobby Porter, in my opinion is borderline criminal. For shame! Such fans should be ostracized or shunned.