I don't care if we win again--- My final thought & NTS Next

I want a coach that knows how to think on his feet. I want a coach that knows before the other team makes a move I want him to have a answer for that play. I want a coach that knows the stupid game. Teach the coaches if need be. Chad Morris is the head coach. Grab the bull by the horns. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out #11 was killing us. After the 3rd or 4th catch by # 11 I would have walked over to our DC and said "YOU better do something even IF it’s wrong!! Or about at 8 am you’re going to be running laps Sunday morning. ARE you stupid or what? Double team the guy with another eye on that tight end. Jam him at the line of scrimmage. Tell one of the guys sitting around doing nothing and tell me before the next snap WHO has caught a pass? Simple, so that gives a big red flag who they are NOT going to pass to next. Have a DB jump start and slide somebody to has coverage on a player that has NOT caught 1 pass. AND # 11 better not beat us.

With 1 second on the clock RUN a designed. NEVER use up a second. STOP lying to the fans about what you are going to do. Taking a knee at half time is gut less. That’s leaving it in neutral and doing nothing. BY design a play should be in code red what to do in that position. When it’s 4th and 1 know already what you are going to run by design. Play to win and not pussyfoot around. WHY? Because it’s a learning experience. MIGHT come up in another game and we have got to have that first down.

TAKE responsibility, when asked about a 4th and 1 or less call. Don’t look up and around (Like he did) at your coaches and stumble around for an answer. ANY HC with a plan that should be ready to answer the first question that’s coming out of the mouth in the press conference. Better yet address all the bone head calls or decisions. Chad just looked up like to his coaches searching for answers. 'Well ya know we thought about that" Thought about it should have been in the game plan. Clay stated the only correct answer on this board. Hurry up and hand it off ASAP. Wizzard and some 'Well let me think about this. We’re averaging 6 yards a carry and we have a choke hold on them. MAYBE WE BETTER PUNT. IN THE OPENING state he should have said" I SURE THOUGHT about going for it. BUT decided with our defense playing well we could flip the field.

IN thee 4th quarter tell my OC man or who ever is calling tthe plays with a 27-9 lead RUN the bal. NOW that’s ffor this game because LOOK at our averagee. IF I seee a fancy off the wall call you’re going to be running stairs at 7am.

DID we go tthere to play it safe? SURE seems like it to me and everyone who said to play the odds. Well the damn odds didn’t work and I’m just going to keep it in neutral and NOT do what we had been doing all game long. Chad looked like a deer stuck in the head lights look at the end of the game presser.

Every coach should have a plan and present that to the HC. And a plan as to how we are going to counter their speed and size. The HC should know the tendencies of the other team and play the devils advocate.

KNOW what you’re 5-- 2 point plays are when the game calls for it.
When to run a fake punt
When to do an on side kick.
Know you’re going for it on 4th and inches AGAIN…
BE unpredictable. How about a real startling screen pass, OMG something different.
Know when it’s 4th and 1 what you are going to do.
ADJUST, ADJUST and re-adjust IF the game plan is not working.
Simple crossing routes. OR RUN , run run. mercy.
Coach these kids up. Tell them we are going to work up a game plan and you need to do your part. WE are going to win this next game and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. Now lack arms and promise the guy on each side of you "I have your back and as a team we are going to beat this team. Everybody on one knee. Raise up and yell we are going to do this for ourselves and that’s win this ball game. IT’S for US and the Fans and our great state!!! Never give up!!

IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID YOU"LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALLWAYS GOT! And we are back to the MU game all over again.
Chad had a chance to make CS tap out but no let’s give them the FB back, I don’t want it. My boys just don’t have what it takes to WIN the game.
Duh…
Need any more suggestions?

I feel for the fans and players. We were promised ice cream and cake, instead we got mud again.

Thoughts??

I thought we went out and hired a coach and staff that was supposed to do exactly what you just described. I’m not sure who showed up to “manage” our efforts this past weekend. What was delivered was not what was promised. It missed by a long shot,

The game results look just like those we have seen in previous years; very much like some of last year’s games. I at least expected a real fight to the end. No, that did not happen. Lack of coaching as pointed out above kept our best efforts off the field.

This one squarely belongs to the HC and his staff.

That’s quite the temper tantrum. You might want to cool off a bit, buddy.

You’re making a lot of assumptions based off one game. Yes, the game didn’t end the way we wanted, but that doesn’t indicate that this will be the norm. I think too many fans are overreacting to one game and too many are fickle about this coaching staff and team. Give it time people!

Bingo. We have too many people taking strong stands when we don’t know everything that went into the decisions and whether that means this is what CCM would do every time. I don’t recall ever hearing this about his Clemson offense. I heard he was quite agressive in last year at SMU. Why? Maybe we could make the same assumptions and strong stands that CCM had his players at Clemson and in his 3rd year at SMU so he had the tools to take chances. Could he have been protecting his Oline, QB etc from the backlash if we had failed on 4th and 1? We have an Oline with a fragile psyche as does the whole team, so can you imagine if the Oline was catching the wrath that CCM is catching NOW?

I would agree with you guys except, we lost to a team that ASU would have beaten easily. This game should never have been contested, but a decent scrimmage like game never in doubt. There should never have been a 4th and 1 to even discuss.

Agreed.

I personally would have liked to see him go for it on 4th and 1, but the way our defense was playing at the time, pinning them at their own 4 looked like a smart move maybe at the time. Fans forget that before CSU’s QB threw 17 straight completions, he was 14 of 30 on passes, less than 50% and they couldn’t run the ball at all against us at that time.

And you’re exactly right. How many people would be complaining today if Morris did go on 4th and 1, failed, and based on how our defense was playing at the time complain that we should have punted it.

Everybody is an expert after the fact, but we gotta trust that our coaches were talking to each and Morris ultimately made the decision he did. Sometime the decisions look brilliant and sometimes they look foolish. That’s the burden of leadership and I’m not ready to throw the coaching staff under the bus on one game or even one season for that matter.

Again, that’s an assumption. You can’t guarantee wins/losses, otherwise, what’s the point of playing? This loss was horrible, I’m not denying that, but all it takes is for our team to rise above and beat someone we shouldn’t to change the perspective of this team and season.

I do not think it is an assumption to expect to beat an 0-2 team which has given up 100 points in its two losses.

Expect, no, but guarantee, also no. There are no guarantees in life and that’s just as true as sports.

[quote=“GeneralHog”]

Expect, no, but guarantee, also no. There are no guarantees in life and that’s just as true as sports.

Of course, I would not be so upset but the first game also was not up to what I expected even from a new coach, new system and lack of talent in several areas. I am willing to accept the concept of a long tough year and hope things go up from here. I do not blame anyone, it is a general bottom of the barrel situation and we have been there before and recovered. It just might take a while.

That’s what I’m talking about.

It’s the way we were coached. I can’t change the punt on 4th and 1. It’s the way it played out. So I’m wrong it’s the timid way Chad handled it. The way he explained it afterwards. IS he not smart enough to know that he better address that the first thing. In his opening statements. No ability to know what is going to be said, question wise. I’m using it as an example and the Chad the way he handled it in the PC. NOT GOOD

And yepper I’m blaming the coaches. Sold a bill of goods. But I’m sure he read up on coaching 101 this week. Maybe he will learn on the fly.

Calm down? I’m not even upset. Really I’m good. Just stating facts and what we have been told the last 9 months.

In the last 2 years I have had prostate cancer, a knee replaced and for about 2-3 months chest pains and a left arm that feels pretty bad. CBB made me change my line of thinking. Actually before we changed formats I posted a lot. Echo gram at 11 am tomorrow.

Next

That’s what I’m talking about.

It’s the way we were coached. I can’t change the punt on 4th and 1. It’s the way it played out. So I’m wrong it’s the timid way Chad handled it. The way he explained it afterwards. IS he not smart enough to know that he better address that the first thing. In his opening statements. No ability to know what is going to be said, question wise. I’m using it as an example and the Chad the way he handled it in the PC. NOT GOOD

And yepper I’m blaming the coaches. Sold a bill of goods. But I’m sure he read up on coaching 101 this week. Maybe he will learn on the fly.

Calm down? I’m not even upset. Really I’m good. Just stating facts and what we have been told the last 9 months.

In the last 2 years I have had prostate cancer, a knee replaced and for about 2-3 months chest pains and a left arm that feels pretty bad. CBB made me change my line of thinking. Actually before we changed formats I posted a lot. Echo gram at 11 am tomorrow.

Next

No problem here. Just stating facts. And it I’m not here for the next game I will have said my peace…

Bad coaching and no killer instincts.

You only get 12 buddy and we just got beat by a team that over 100 points have been scored on them.

SO I’m telling you you’re doing the same thing, assuming Chad is going to get better.

MERCY, guess he had a bad night, or a long plane trip. Chad and Red Bulls…LOL

Again, that doesn’t matter. Bringing up past games doesn’t equate similar results in later games. There are literally hundreds of sports examples of this.

I’m assuming nothing. I never said things would get better. I’m simply saying don’t let one game determine the tenure of this coach.

WHAT??

The SEC West will cut your babies throat and drink their blood.
You’re in the wrong game IF you need to protect your players psyche. Better pull your big boy pants up and get ready.
Protect our QB? Like we have a NFL player back there.

Look Sarge, You will never meet a nicer guy. History as you know seems to repeat it’s self.
WE were told that all you can expect is this ride is going in the left lane with the peddle to the metal.

IMO, Chad and CBB both quickly looked at the offer without giving a thorough assessment, due diligence before jumping on board.

Does that make since sir? BTW if you did serve our country, Thank-You!

Would everyone agree they had this game down as a W? OR most everyone…

Chill out. There is no need for dramatic tough guy talk.