I am sure it has been discussed, but targeting no call

on the pass play that was reviewed (Thompson?) and ruled not a first down.

Was there any doubt it was targeting? How could it not be called at least in the review process?

I didn’t really think the ball spot decision was so outlandish, but not to call targeting???

I never saw it. I’ll need to go back and watch it, but nothing struck me as targetting.

Now, with thst being said, I often miss the forest because of the trees.

The most obvious non-targeting was when KJ ran down the right sideline, was called a 1st down, reviewed and then accurately placed about a yard short.

But the Bama defender, led with the crown of his helmet, right into KJ’s ear-hole. helmet to helmet, leading with crown, every possible definition of targeting that I know of. I really thought Danielson would at least say 'oh wow, they could have called t hat". but nothing. crickets.

is that the play you mean?

GHG

ALWAYS a doubt on TARGETING…not consistently called is the problem.

2 Likes

That must be the one. The one I am thinking of was reviewed for a spot, ruled it not a first down. I thought it was a pass play. Could be wrong. I saw one of our coaches on the sideline calling for a targeting call.

No, those are 2 different occasions. The one you are talking about was on a receiver. It was more egregious because it was not on the original tackler, but a 2nd defender who hit our receiver a split second after the tackle, as he was starting to go down. I believe it was Thompson, but not certain.

It called when Bama is the team delivering the blow. That’s the problem.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.