I am giving HY a big thumbs up on this coaching hire................................

…he handled it about as well as could be expected. His strongest connection to a successful head coach was Kelvin Sampson. That appeared to be his best shot at a great hire so it had to be explored. The “head coach in waiting stipulation” was unacceptable and only a program desperate not to lose the long absent success would agree to that. Sampson used our interest to get that clause and a big new contract. No problem. Chris Beard had strong support in State and on the BOT, which demanded they make a run at him. His success at Texas Tech just pushed him out of our reach. No problem. Worth a try and time to move on. After doing his “due deligence” on those two options, HY appears to have strongly considered and strongly communicated to Marshall, Pitino, and Musselman. I suspect he considered Matta, but his health and the question of whether he can come back from that problem was just too much. Musselman appears to be the, by far, best of that group. He is a player’s coach. He has great pro basketball knowledge and experience. He has proven he can “do more with less” at Nevada. He excels at developing players, fitting the system to the skills of “not necessarily great” players and succeeding as a team. He is on the cutting edge of using transfers to stock his team and that is a trend that is just going to get greater in the future. Don’t discount the fact that he is married to a charismatic and beautiful African-American wife. That gives him a huge boost when he recruits in African-American homes and when they host African-American families on recruiting visits. Recruiting against the money under the table will still be tough, but that gives him a boost that we sorely need as he replaces an African-American head coach with an all African-American top staff. This is an outstanding hire and an impressive peformance by our new AD. JMVVVVVVHO.

I couldn’t agree more, let’s move ahead with the program by solidifying the current players he wants to keep, putting his staff together and hit the recruiting trail hard…

I totally support Coach Mus. I , too am impressed by his smart, media savvy wife. I support all the Razorback family regardless of race or nationality.

I am extremely optimistic about Razorback Basketball. I think that Bud Walton will be full and rocking very soon. I miss the electricity of Hog games and my hair standing up on my neck. WPS