how soon after season

would someone expect HY to decide on keeping or replacing Anderson. the sooner the better either way for recruiting purposes.

No one truly knows, but he may have already made that decision one way or the other.

If he was going to let him go, you sure as heck wouldn’t make that announcement before Friday and Saturday’s honoring of the 1994 national championship team.

Maybe right before the SEC Tournament. That’s usually a norm for coaches being let go around the country.

If he decides to keep him, there won’t be an announcement.

Dudley, if Mike stays do you think he will change his staff?

I figured he would make some kind of announcement if he retains him. By not doing so, the speculation that would probably continue would hurt recruiting. I’m fairly sure recruits want to know who their coach is. When does the late period signing period begin and how long does it last? And before the sec tourney? I wouldn’t have thought that either. Would be slightly embarrassing if we made a run and won it all. But what do I know.

JMHO, I think MA is safe for one more year no matter what happens on the court, off court issues or more surprise departures could change things. WPS

This has gotten old! I guess playing musical chairs with head coaches is what the majority of our fan base wants. It sure don’t help the Head coach recruit.
The interview a few weeks ago with the AD gave no indication Coach Anderson was in the crosshairs of getting fired.
Find something else to post and think about all of the time.
By the way it would help recruiting for this type of post to NOT happen! The same can be said for the negative post to players and potential recruits on social media!

Look in the mirror and do a self evaluation and see just how perfect you are!

Musical chairs? Dude has been here 8 years.

DUDE I’ve been around for a very long time! I don’t want to see the junk I had to watch from the time Nolan left and CMA returned ever again. You must want miracles to happen and don’t understand anything about recruiting.
While the team hasn’t performed well this season and the record has headed South over the past few weeks do you think you could do better? The roster is young and there have been departures by way of transfer that have killed the team and add in one player never getting medically cleared to play and you end up where we are. Young and with no experience on the team. Zero seniors. The hogs went the JUCO route 2 years to get Macon and Barford. Here we are again.
CMA isn’t going anywhere.

Are directing the above post to me? WPS

No Lynnsanity.

Thanks, I was confused. WPS

You think it takes a miracle to accomplish things within eight seasons?

You don’t think it’s maybe Mike’s fault that his roster management and recruiting is so bad?

Clearly you are a Mike over the program kinda guy. All I was saying is having a coach for eight seasons isn’t playing musical chairs with coaches and you went on a mini rant. Enjoy Anderson’s swan song next year as he puts this thing further in the ditch.

Mike definately got our program back on track after the Heath/Pelphrey mess. We had a very solid program for years before those two. Minus late Richardson era. A lot of people weren’t around for those years. Those of us who were, long for a return to those glory days. Arkansas was always in the picture. It just seams after eight years with minimal success and trending downward it’s time. Are you willing to give other coaches more than eight years to get us back on solid ground?

Reaching NCAAT 3 out of last 4 years after missing it for 5 years is a downward trend? I must be viewing the world upside down. I just don’t get this talk.

If you want him gone, that is fine, just say the reason is minimal success, Don’t bring up something that is not true.

Who ever the coach is I will pull for my hogs! It’s just my opinion circumstances out of CMA control is what caused the results we are currently in. The recruiting is full of land mines and is no where near as easy as folks think it is. I also respect the fact The hogs have not been mentioned in the pay to play scandal.
The trend sure isn’t headed down. This year is down and i pointed out why!

Mike will get another year, but the trend is down. We are unfortunately still looking at a possible losing season, I’m hopeful they can win something here at the end. But we have no answers yet for recruiting, I would say next season is swirling down the drain now, but with a solid recruiting class here at end could be saved. But right now, it’s downward. Convince me otherwise…No Daniele and one big next year who isn’t a huge scoring threat. Gabe, Bailey, and Harris will still be here, none can score. Two other bigs on the bench all year who weren’t good enough to even see the floor this year? Nolan and Mike both have integrity and won’t play the AAU money game: that’s what got Nolan st the end and it has hurt Mike, see Perry, Monk, etc.

[quote=“Crazorback”]

Mike will get another year, but the trend is down. We are unfortunately still looking at a possible losing season, I’m hopeful they can win something here at the end. But we have no answers yet for recruiting, I would say next season is swirling down the drain now, but with a solid recruiting class here at end could be saved. But right now, it’s downward. Convince me otherwise…No Daniele and one big next year who isn’t a huge scoring threat. Gabe, Bailey, and Harris will still be here, none can score. Two other bigs on the bench all year who weren’t good enough to even see the floor this year? Nolan and Mike both have integrity and won’t play the AAU money game: [u] [size=150]that’s what got Nolan st the end [/size]and it has hurt Mike, see Perry, Monk, etc.

[/quote]

what got Nolan at the end was Nolan. he quit, turned the team over to Mike, he just sat and watched. Didn’t go to any great lengths to recruit. He put it on cruise control and started waiting for his statue.

Well said and I agree

Well, to me it is true. Not that I want him gone, but seeing the direction we are headed this season combined with the fact that Gafford probably leaves with no confirmed replacement puts us in a tough spot. Chaney isn’t big enough to play the five. At this point our point guard and four are no offensive threat whatsoever. So at to me we are trending downward. I wish it wasn’t so but that’s the way I see it. Kind of a sickening feeling to think we should give this another year and delay the process.

Okay, so you are projecting that it will go downward and not that it has been going downward. Because results from one year is not a trend, my friend. I was a bit worried about you in how you were defining a trend. Thanks for the correction.