How quickly things can change!

Whether or not Mike Anderson (MA) is our coach next year, I don’t know. However, yesterday, before the Florida game, MA’s support was rock solid with no less than 70/30 in support. Then we play a Florida team with an outstanding game plan that, as today’s win against LSU proved, is far better than their record.

Their entire team played well with two players having a career night and Arkansas did not have one of their better games. However, the perception was that Arkansas got badly beat by a team that is not very good, that MA was out coached, and our players didn’t play with much effort.

As a result many of MA’s supporters begin to waver. Then the rumors start flying and momentum to fire MA builds. If things happen quickly, MA may not be retained; but, if decisions are delayed, people will calm down and MA will be retained.

So, so true. The emotion of what has just happened is so powerful for many, both ways, win or lose. I know it doesn’t really work this way, but IMO HY should have decided a few weeks ago whether CMA is or is not the long term solution.

Have current results been enough? If so, no change.
If not, any reason to believe things will be different? If so, no change.

The answers to those questions shouldn’t really change whether you hammer Vanderbilt on the road or get smoked by FL in first round of SECT.

But again, I know it’s not how things really work. Most fans are prisoner to the moment, at least at some level. I’m sure I am, too. And HY probably has to at least take into account the opinions of some.

The court of public opinion doesn’t really matter to the AD. Until it starts affecting the bottom line.

Making decisions about a coach off one result is ludicrous. Especially with a body of work equaling eight seasons

With no intent to choose a side to land on regarding a Coaching decision, since like another poster stated, my position is to support the coach and it is someone else’s job to decide who the coach is, but I think many may be wrong in thinking the reaction to the Florida game is as much a knee jerk reaction as it seems some are saying.

The powers that be need to determine if the we have a pattern of having too many performances like this. While, as many have said, the Florida game was just one game, it is disappointing with post season fortunes riding on a good showing in the tournament that even the players were questioning the level of intensity. Mike has also had teams make good runs as well. I guess the evaluation needs to be, which of these histories the decision makers think better describe Mike’s program going forward?

I have been and will continue to be a Mike supporter. That being said, I acknowledge that he is merely a good, indeed very good coach. He is not a great coach. He is a great person however, and a guy who will never be caught on tape doing something shady in an FBI sting. While I would love to make another National Championship run, there is a price that I am not willing to pay.Having lived in Tallahassee for a few years I used to really like Florida State. After Jimbo and the Noles sold their soul to win their last NC with Shameus Winston, I no longer cared about FSU athletics. I would hate to experience similar emotions with a program that I have lived and breathed for 55 of my 61 years.

I am proud of Mike’s integrity and our University not being linked to the ugliness so prevalent in college athletics, but hopefully it is not an either or choice.

The body of work speaks for itself. No SEC titles, less than 5 top 25’s, youth in year 8, BWA half full., 3 NCAA’s with no weekend trips, Only thing MA done is bring some stability. But it’s time for a change. This program sinking and next year will be worse. It’s AD job to evaluate and MA has fallen short in 8 years.

I might respectfully disagree with support for coaching staff as “rock solid” going into Florida game.

I think fan support and hope for at least one sec tourney win coming off three straight wins was 70/30 rock solid.

Likely a factor that made the uncompetitive loss even tougher to take.

Fans have been on roller coaster for a long time and even with some NCAA appearances, nothing beyond second round, and last year’s team getting blown out of the gym first round.

Like Mike and was real proud of what he got this team to do at LSU and Kentucky.

He has a first round draft choice center, record setting shooting freshman guard, quick point guard and a guard/forward in Mason with flashes.

Unfair comparison, but if Eddie or Nolan or other greats had that kind of nucleus, albeit some holes, could they have found three or four more wins enough to make tourney? I tend to think so.

But if last year’s NCAA team had gotten to final eight or four instead of getting thrown out without a fight in first round, we probably would all be dissapointed this season but not here wondering about coach’s future.

Unfortunately short of a few bombs that fortunately kept a second round game loss vs NC close, Mike hasn’t shown enough in making 3 NCAAs in his 8 years potentially going into 9.

I tend to think he can put together the pieces to make NCAA every year and make deep runs as he’s trending at least 3-5 his last five years making tourney.

But my doubt is that he hasn’t shown it fully at Arkansas yet.

If he stays I hope there are some additions to major D1 assistants and recruiters or something to turn corner from slightly above average to top ten or even top twenty vibes.

EXACTLY!!. My first post but as an Alumnus I am sick of this mediocrity. I graduated in 1984 and moved away but it’s embarrassing to tell people where you went to school. There is no reason why Arkansas cannot compete on the National level at any sport. Fayeteville is a wonderful place to live and is better than 99% of the locations that dominate college athletics. Has anyone ever been to Norman or Tuscaloosa?

I wish there was an easy answer but MA has got to got after 8 years. Too early on Chad but he would not have been my selection either. Break out the check book and take advantage of Jerry Jone’s generosity before he is no longer with us. And yes, it is all about winning or at least putting a quality product on the court/field year in and year out.

Go get one of the cheating crooks and get on probation. That’s what about half of our fan base wants! Win at all cost!

See what happens next year! i guess everyone enjoy the Heath and Pitiful years!

Because he is a good person, he deserves another year, or perhaps because he is a Nolan protégé, year after year it is another excuse from the Coach Anderson supporters. Similar excuses were not acceptable for Heath, another final 8 coach, and other coaches.

For any number of reasons, I believe Anderson will be given another year, but I sense that people’s patience are wearing thin and “Coach deserves one more year type excuses” will not be acceptable if next year is not an improvement over this year.

Because he is a good person, he deserves another year, or perhaps because he is a Nolan protégé, year after year it is another excuse from the Coach Anderson supporters. Similar excuses were not acceptable for Heath, another final 8 coach, and other coaches.

For any number of reasons, I believe Anderson will be given another year, but I sense that people’s patience are wearing thin and “Coach deserves one more year type excuses” will not be acceptable if next year is not an improvement over this year.

Arkansas did not play well at all, but that so-called bad Florida team is up 6 on Auburn and is 22 minutes from being in the SEC final.

I believe, based on the perception that Florida was not very good, many of Anderson’s supporters were wavering after the Florida game. However, after Florida won against LSU and the very close game with Auburn, will change that perception as fans realize Florida is very good team.

I believe, based on the perception that Florida was not very good, many of Anderson’s supporters were wavering after the Florida game. However, after Florida won against LSU and the very close game with Auburn, will change that perception as fans realize Florida is very good team.

If Anderson supporters thought Florida was not very good, they are ignorant. They only watch college basketball when the Hogs play.

I always say there are basketball fans and there are Razorback fans. Same thing applies to football and baseball.

Recently those who want a better product on the court are either ignorant, stupid or never watch basketball at all. I’ve been around a long time. Nolan was and still is my all time favorite coach. What we have going on up there right now doesn’t even resemble good basketball.

I’ll admit I’m ignorant and I don’t watch many games Arkansas doesn’t play in.

Welcome to the board, jump in often the water is cold but keeps you attentive…