How much did the loss of

Plumlee and Ealy hurt Ole Miss Baseball?

The left Ole Miss for football reasons but they both played baseball for the Rebs.

I’m not sure, but I think they both played significant roles on the Diamond.

I sure hate that for them.

IIRC, Plumlee was not a regular starter last year.

From the D1 Baseball Ole Miss Fall Report:

But two-sport talent Jerrion Ealy might be the smartest best to wind up as the everyday center fielder, because his speed/power tool set gives him a chance to be one of the most electrifying players in college baseball. He’s already an electrifying running back for the Ole Miss football team. One again, a major X-factor for this team is how Ealy and quarterback John Rhys Plumlee can adapt to baseball this spring after spending the fall with the football team. Ole Miss has enough depth that it doesn’t need either of them to hit the ground running, but both players should factor strongly into the outfield mix, and they enhance this team’s offensive upside.

1 Like

Both of them are much better on defense they are offense… Ole Miss recruits very well and they had already moved McCants from infield to centerfield so I don’t if that will affect them too badly

Their jumping celebrations will suffer without them…

I think both would have been reserves in 2022. Plumlee was a spot starter and late-game replacement last year. Ealy didn’t play last year because he had shoulder surgery.