How is Mike Norvell recruiting this well -

Just dont get it

He’s at Florida State.

The surprise would be if he wasn’t recruiting well - not thathe is

FSU Seminoles Football Recruiting - School Commitments - ESPN

1 Like

He’s going to do a fabulous job there. Still can’t believe the Einsteins up there picked Morris. Norvell beat SMU to death when they faced off.

We picked the goofy Aggie who’s now a HS coach over the rising star with Arkansas ties.

Football program malpractice

5 Likes

Although it seems the people who made that decision are no longer making decisions.

Not even here anymore after that swing and a miss.

3 Likes

Don’t cry

Nor should they be…… thank God they are gone.

Not crying……just can’t believe we didn’t hire Norvell and went with the guy you wanted to give a third year :sunglasses:

1 Like

I feel like Florida State is a program that kind of sells itself, no matter the coach.

And they can still be bad.

Well, as I am sure you know, the reason being tossed around was they did not around want to even have a hint of another Petrino off the field situation.

But if not him, still clearly should have been somebody else than Morris

2 Likes

Give me wicked and winning… the SEC is a league of sinners and winners and it’s never going to change.

2 Likes

He works extremely hard and I would imagine he demands the same from his staff. Much like Pittman.

1 Like

They don’t call it Free Shoes U for nothing.

And don’t forget the “complimentary crab”.

Norvell was always on my short list when be picked up Morris & again when looking for his replacement. Read here that we burned out bridges when we hired Morris over Norvell & perhaps why he was not interested the 2nd time around.

Always considered him a young potentially great up & comer coach with AR ties. He made recruiting for OM & Miss St difficult since he recruited so many for Memphis St out of Mississippi. Hopefully that continues while at FL St.

Correct on second go around - he wasn’t interested per somebody that would know.

A trained monkey could recruit FSU. Norvel still has a lot to prove at FSU.

1 Like

I figure we dodged a bullet and then got plugged by a different one. Those kneejerk decisions have a nasty bad percentage to them.

He can beat GA Tech now

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.