how high tech is Coach Morris

lots of very intense personal tracking available to all major sports. I gleaned this from hockey which traditionally does utilize high tech training. There was mention of NFL, NBA and MLB essentially doing personal tracking of athlete status (nearly invasive)while playing. Implications are huge for pro sports since money can be made off such info, any chance CFB or specifically Coach Morris would do such monitoring to gain intricate data of player function or wearing down as they compete?

The below comes from Elliot Friedman at sportsnet.ca

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-t … -senators/

skip to the last youtube.com if you only want the relevance that Bama and Clemson are using data collection for sports science improvement.

""Jogmo, a German company, made a pitch to be used at all-star weekend in Tampa. The NBA uses SportVU (a camera-based system) for its data and analysis, but there are doubts hockey will go that route. The NFL’s choice is Zebra Technologies. In 2016, their tags were put in players’ pads to track speed, acceleration and deceleration. Now, the balls themselves are tagged. Next season, the NFL will partner with Amazon Web Services, which powers MLB’s excellent Statcast.

I’m not sure which company the NHL will go with, since, as Bettman said, it is looking to “invent technology that doesn’t currently exist.”

I’m looking forward to it. I think it will settle a lot of arguments about what really matters.

1. The bigger debate between the NHL and the NHLPA might actually turn out to be sports science. Many teams use some form of tracking for this department. Calgary, Philadelphia and Toronto are among those who use Catapult. I follow that company on Twitter, and its work is very interesting. However, there are a couple of teams that don’t use it because they are concerned about inconsistencies when the radio technology is indoors. (Catapult built its reputation with Australian Rules Football and rugby, which are played outdoors.)

Others use Kinexon. There is a lot of terrific stuff that can be accomplished: including scheduling proper rest days and better understanding of injuries. The NHLPA has long worried that this will be used against players. For example, if player X is up for a contract extension, does his GM look at the data and say, “His knee is down to 75 per cent strength compared to last season. Do we really want to do this?” Over texts with a few players, there is a sense they trust some teams more than others. Pittsburgh scored well. (I know you will ask, but they weren’t comfortable sharing which teams don’t.)

Second, who owns the data? For example, I mentioned above that the NFL uses a company called Zebra. Earlier this year, the NFL Players’ Association cut its own deal, with a wearable-device manufacturer known as WHOOP. The league does not allow them to be worn during games, although it has been reported some sneak them in under wristbands. The NBA banned similar devices during games in 2016. MLB does allow it.

With that agreement, the players can sell their own data — to make video games more realistic, for example. No doubt the league would want this as part of Hockey Related Revenue. Will the players disagree, saying, “Our bodies, our call?”"

I know Bama uses Catapult sports, but BB did not seem to be the type to use technology or HUNH stuff which is analytic intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr7sqJ3jlSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/CatapultSports

Any chance we are using data collection and analysis from such tech companies??

BB used the virtual reality stuff in practice to train our QBs. That’s pretty intense technology. What it didn’t do is teach our OL how to pass protect.