How Did Ole Miss Jump 2 spots in the RPI this Week?

Let’s see. Tenn Tech slams the door in Oxford on the black bears. Then Texas beats Tenn Tech. Now the Rebs are climbing again. Seems like it’s good to lose if not done recently.

The people they lost to - or the people who lost ahead of them to lesser foes - factors in.

Not being a jerk but does it matter? Or is this just a comment on an RPI oddity?

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

Not being a jerk but does it matter? Or is this just a comment on an RPI oddity?

[/quote]Just something different than saying “I can’t stand the rain delay”.

As I discussed with Wiz a week or so ago, once the tournament starts, RPI is completely useless. It’s there to help select the tournament. Once the tournament begins, fuhgeddaboudit.

Mississippi State winning. The Rebels did win one game against State.

I’ve been checking it periodically just for grins. It is a bit funny to me that OM is still ranked so highly—and never left Oxford

[quote=“daBoar”]

Gotcha

Ole Miss did win 48 games against a pretty good schedule; not as good as ours but top 20 national. That hasn’t gone away.

Oh, I know. They’re a good team. However, we’ve won when it mattered most. That’s the history for both programs. They do well during the season, but have made it to Omaha only once. (At least only once in the last several years. I don’t know if they were there back in the 50’s or 60’s.) The hogs under DVH have been there, what, 4 times now, 5? I’d much rather do what we do. They can have the SECT championship.

Rebneck Omaha list: 1956, 1964, 1969, 1972, 2014