how badly does Enos want to...

become a head coach again?

I like this guy, hope we can keep him a few more years.

Enos makes $700k, top $ SEC coordinators make $1.5 ; wonder what Chaney makes? UGA took that one on the chin… :lol:

I asked him about that before the bowl game last year. http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015 … -approach/

[quote]“To be quite honest with you I didn’t come here to be a head coach again,” Enos said. “If that happens, if I’m fortunate enough to have that opportunity somewhere along the line, that’ll be great. It’s something I would certainly entertain and look at, but it’s not something I think about on a daily basis.”
[/quote]

He is one heck of an offensive coach and play caller. If he can recruit pretty well, he would be a great choice for a lot of schools. I believe he will be gone soon…probably after this season if a power 5 schools comes calling. When you get offered 2-3 million bucks…you got to go.

I would like him to be our coach if Bielema were to leave. I think he is that impressive. He has done well for us…we have had one of the best, most balanced offenses in the SEC for the past 2 years. That is big time.

He was 26-36 at a MAC school. I don’t see any Power 5 teams offering him a job soon.

I think Enos is as good a play caller as I’ve seen, not to start trouble, he is right there with CBP. Arkansas has been carried by the offensive side of the ball since he got here. Also his work with the Allen brothers is awesome. Where would the Hogs be without this hire?

I dunno, does anybody know if he called the plays when he was HC at Central Michigan? His offensive production is better at Arkansas. Just going by his interviews posted by WHS, Enos almost seems to me to be too nice of a guy to be HC. But yeah, that offer is bound to come, this year or next.

Not all coaches cut out for head job look at Kiffin excelling at Bama and not so much when he was in charge

There are lots of responsibilities outside of the coaching part when you are the lead not saying it won’t ever happen but Enos is certainly on a talented staff with lots trending ^^^

I faintly remember an interview with CDE back after he was hired that he basically said that sometimes you get to where you think you want to be professionally and find out that it is not really where you want to be. I took that as being a head coach had headaches that went with it that took him away from what made coaching football fun and fulfilling. Does he take another head job? Maybe, but it may also be that he decided he really liked “Coaching” more than being the head guy. I think it may well be that we have both him and Paul Rhodes for awhile, which would be very good for the Hogs.

I remember that too. I posted about it last year, no one else seemed to remember it that way. He basically said sometimes you get to be the head guy and find out that is not what you are cut out to be. I can relate!

I think that the OC at Arkansas gets a lot of freedom from the HC to create/run the offense. It appears to me that the only commandments are to strive for balance and don’t run an offense that will put additional stress on the defense on a routine basis(HUNH). It seems very clear that he is particularly given free rein to develop the QBs, and the results to date have been very good.

An OC job almost any where in the SEC is an elite level coordinator job, and Enos is being paid well. He does not have a heavy recruiting responsibility, his management responsibilities are limited to his offensive assistants/grad assistants, and he has little public relations or other “face of the program” responsibilities.

So Enos has got it pretty good right now. He has a secure job at Arkansas doing a job he is plainly very good at, for good money. If a Power Five school comes calling, he should listen, but he does not need another job, and he clearly decided when he came to Arkansas that he wanted to do just what he’s doing now.

if the Hogs beat the Tiggers Saturday night and Gus has to leave after the season, Coach Enos will be a prime candidate.

If the Hogs finish strong, Dan Enos will be a candidate to be a head coach somewhere. If it’s a big job, he’ll take it. If not, he won’t. Andy Staples said Enos will be on the radar for a lot of the openings this year. He’ll take a head job at some point. But, he likes the quarterbacks he has at Arkansas. He’s got another year with Austin. I bet he understands that players make it easy on the play caller.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
If the Hogs finish strong, Dan Enos will be a candidate to be a head coach somewhere. If it’s a big job, he’ll take it. If not, he won’t. Andy Staples said Enos will be on the radar for a lot of the openings this year. He’ll take a head job at some point. But, he likes the quarterbacks he has at Arkansas. He’s got another year with Austin. I bet he understands that players make it easy on the play caller.
[/quote]I would figure he has a non-compete for the SEC or at least SEC West ---- so Auburn would be out if that is true. Do you know if that is part of his contract or not ?

The no competes only work for lateral position moves. Enos couldn’t leave Arkansas to become an offensive coordinator at another SEC program. But it is voided for head coaching jobs.

[quote=“MattJones”]
The no competes only work for lateral position moves. Enos couldn’t leave Arkansas to become an offensive coordinator at another SEC program. But it is voided for head coaching jobs.
[/quote]Thanks Matt for clearing that up for me ---- there goes that security I thought we had, but that has not been the normal progression I don’t think in the SEC. Coordinators like Smart, Mullen and Muschamp I thought were at their respective schools longer than 2 years and most had National or SEC Championships on their resume’. Someone seriously suggested Enos to LSU on Bo’s show today, and earlier in this forum someone suggested Auburn. That’s where that conversation started with me. I don’t see those as an actual possibility for Enos right now. Purdue maybe.