Hopefully our fans realize

That The Hogs were probably overrated with the Number 7 ranking. A&M isn’t as good as advertised. Texas hasn’t been great since Mac Brown left. We have a fine team, but hopefully, expectations aren’t too high.

My fear is that many Hog Fans expect this team to perform like a Top 10 team the rest of the way. When fans get disappointed, they do bizarre things to coaching staffs. That, in turn harms recruiting and makes lives miserable for sensible fans.

6 Likes

I don’t think there is a lot of difference between 5/6 and 20.

3 Likes

I will be a little disappointed if we don’t go 8-4 at this point. Which should certainly make us a top 25 team. That would represent a massive jump.

To reach that goal we have to finish 4-3 from here.

So if you count UAPB as a win and Alabama as a loss, we have to go 3-2 against Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State and Mizzou.

I’d take that right now and be very very pleased.

5 Likes

Personally, I started off this year hoping for 6-6. I didn’t think we would beat Texass, That means to get to 6-6 we needed to find 3 SEC wins. I honestly didn’t see them. Well, we did beat Texass and already got one SEC win. If we finish with 7, 8, 9 or 10 wins, I will be anywhere from thrilled to over the moon.

6 Likes

I’m not sure there is a whole lot different in 3-20.

5 Likes

I believe you are right Ricepig, you could throw a blanket over them each time they would be different. After being laughed at under Morris, I’m tickled to death where our are Hogs are at ….

3 Likes

I’m thrilled with where we are. I am sure we will lose to Alabama. We are likely to lose at least one more game among the other SEC teams we play. My expectations, like most everyone’s, went much higher after the 4-0 start. I’m trying to temper them, but I no longer think 7-5, much less 6-6. I’m thinking 8-4 or if we’re fortunate 9-3. If we somehow get to 10-2, I’ll also be over the moon.

I hope people remember how bad we were the two (even 3+) years before Pittman got here. Last year’s 3-7 record was deceptive because we were better than that record suggests. (The Auburn fiasco alone means we should have gotten 4 wins. Just ran out of players or we’d have been 5-5 or better.) So I hope even the crazy fans will be happy with Pittman for a while.

I tend to worry that too many are getting down on Briles for the usual OC’s crime of “bad play-calling.”

5 Likes

I’ll go with 2-3 against those 5, putting us at 7-5.

2 Likes

I could see that. And honestly, if you look at the big picture, that’s still pretty d*** good.

1 Like

It’s always the bad play calling :wink:

2 Likes

No OC knows how to call plays. Well, sometimes the other team’s OC knows how to, but never “ours.” (I mean the universal “ours”, not just the UA’s.). The really brilliant play callers are in the stands. Some even played HS football. Their talent is wasted in their jobs of cutting hair, selling insurance, driving cabs, and well, you name it.

2 Likes

Hopefully the players realize that for a change our coaches have put them in a position to win any game they play. I have no delusion about the talent in The SEC, but we have dealt with that since we joined the conference. This team has talent and the fight to win games others concede. WPS!

2 Likes

Before the season began I was hoping for at least a 6-6 finish. That’s a real improvement from where our hogs were 2 years ago. No matter how this season plays out our hogs play with heart and fight! CSP has our hogs headed in the right direction.

2 Likes

I find myself thrilled with the sudden absence of the “trolls” and “naysayers” on the board so far this year. Yeah, I am certainly most thrilled by the team (and coaches) and our record so far this year, but it used to be (in the long and far away) that the Hogs were our team and win or lose we were behind them, knowing that they were doing their level best to win. Hope that continues this year, regardless of our final record!

4 Likes

I’m with the Hogs when the bacon was thick and when it was sliced thin, I believe in CSP and staff to bring us back to being what we were before. It’s not going to happen in two seasons or even three but with great coaching and recruiting we can return to the glory days. WPS

2 Likes

I would be real pleased with 8-4. I agree that Bama is a loss and UAPB is a Win. Here is how I think we finish, barring injuries. Of course, as I write this, it appears MSU is starting to find its way and AU continues to find ways to win ugly. So, which one do we drop out of those 4 if I had to pick? Please don’t let it be AU or MO! Maybe drop MSU and win LSU for recruiting? That’s assuming we have to have another drop emotionally.

OM- L
AU- W
LSU- W
MSU- L
MO- W

1 Like

The reaction of sensible fans to bizarre reactions of those with unreasonable expectations (SEC championship in Sam’s 2nd year) is up to the sensible fan. Just stay the course and carry on.

2 Likes

Other than ark pine bluff and Bama, we could win them all or lose them all. They will beat PB.

2 Likes

Injuries will probably shape the finish. The open date will be much appreciated. It will also give Sam and Cody (Kennedy) time to really galvanize the offensive line in the vision of largeness that both carry.

2 Likes

This is so true and it’s been so enjoyable

2 Likes