Hoop targets stats (2-5)

Hog commit Joseph Pinion had 18 points, 9 rebounds & 2 steals in a 40-39 loss to Pottsville. The Dogs were missing three of their top seven.

ESPN 5-star & Arkansas signee Jersey Wolfenbarger had 33 points in FS Northside’s 70-62 victory over LR Central.

2023 Arkansas offer Bryson Warren had 29 points, (5-11 FG, 4-9 3pts) 3 rebounds, 4 assists & 3 steals in 70-66 loss to FS Northside.

2024 Hog offer Annor Boateng had 9 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 steals

ESPN 4-star Derrian Ford had 25 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in Magnolia’s 80-50 win over Monticello to improve to 15-0 & extend winning streak to 46.

Highly regarded 2024 Dallas Thomas led Parkview to a 69-59 victory over LR Hall with 15 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

1 Like

RD, just read on another site that Baylor is in the drivers seat for D. Ford. Not a great look if we lose Ford, Smith, and Ware. Would be a major concern. Have long heard things behind the scenes about high school/AAU coaches not wanting kids to play for Muss because of his transfer philosophy but never thought much of it. This is making me reconsider.

I wouldn’t take any of what’s been said too strongly. Baylor is a strong player with Ford. So are we. Nothing is imminent. Things will begin heating up the next few months.

I don’t know sic em from come here about recruiting anymore, probably never did really but how can you tell what these guys are thinking. Everyone is a potential one and done with the transfer portal and it has to be a nightmare for coaches as your needs can change overnight. Looks like the old saying run what you brung now fits college sports to a tee. WPS

ESPN 4-star & top 50 prospect Nick Smith had 34 points in Sylvan Hills’ victory over LR Christian last night. He’s scored 33, 29, 44 & 34 the last four games.

1 Like

Richard, have you heard the behind scenes stuff that userpick mentioned?

I haven’t but I don’t know AAU coaches. AAU coaches seem to have more influence on kids than high school coaches now days.

Don’t see anyone being in the drivers seat right now. I think visits will be key. I like where Arkansas sits but no doubt Baylor will be a player. They were first to offer.

Yeh, that really makes sense as the four Arkansas players in this years class haven’t gotten any chance to play right? Moody starts all the time, Williams and Davis have both started and get to play a lot. KK got hurt or he might be playing as well. But, the transfer portal has really hurt their playing time, right!

I don’t believe the summer coaches are saying that, are we the ONLY team that will take a transfer?
It’s part of the college landscape nowadays. Our Arkansas kids on this years teams are playing very well and are a huge part of our future.

1 Like

I would think Muss’s NBA philosophy should outweigh his transfer philosophy.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.