Holtz #23, JFB #40 on greatest coaches list

As listed by a panel of experts for ESPN.com. Frank was two spots behind Darrell Royal; maybe if they call clipping against Mike Boschetti that would have been reversed.

Danny Ford is #73 but I’m pretty sure that’s not because of what he did at Arkansas, 1995 notwithstanding. Other UA head coaches: Hugo Bezdek #120, Francis Schmidt #125.

Alabama is 1 and 2 on the list by the way. Bear and Saban in that order.

Others of note: Jimmy Johnson is #49. Former Hatfield assistant Jerry Moore is #57. Johnny Majors #62. Hayden Fry, another JFB assistant, #91. Warren Woodson, whose first HC job was at UCA, is #108. Jackie Sherrill (JFB assistant) #116.

They have a paragraph on all 150 coaches. Pretty interesting, especially old-time coaches and small school guys you may not know about,

Top 150 CFB coaches of all time

The link just takes me to ESPN app

You should be able to find it there, Scott, but I typed the post on my PC, not my phone, so no app involved.

Here’s the URL, no link. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/CFB150coaches/the-150-greatest-coaches-college-football-150-year-history

Don’t know what the problem is, it on my iPad it just keeps opening the ESPN App

I will find it eventually

I called up this thread on my phone (Android), clicked my link and it went directly to the greatest coaches story.

Apple garbage…

Watch the blasphemy!

1 Like