Holland commits to the Horns

Time for a hot cup of ginger tea. Feeling a little sick to my stomach.

I’d have something a little stronger if I wasn’t at work. It was just stupid to play that exhibition game (for a ton of reasons), and I’ll believe that until the day I die.

6 Likes

We got some teaching points. So that’s good.

Was hoping the exhibition game against Texas wasn’t a Winner Take All stakes for Holland, but it might have been. Sorta like last year the Gonzaga game I think won us a recruit we were both looking at.

Beard played us like a fiddle. I am one of the biggest supporters Muss has, but I have had a sick feeling all week since that game. It was a trophy game, and Beard got the trophy…the #1 recruit on our board.

3 Likes

A ding in some armor, IMO…

So how big a get is this young man?

Jeremy, you were right from the start! No reason at all to play that game.

2 Likes

Has anybody asked Muss why we did? Fair question?

1 Like

No reason to panic. And one exhibition game was probably not the reason we lost him. He was looking for a reason to stay in Texas. The game just gave him the excuse.

Would have loved to get this commitment, but somehow I think we will be fine.

2 Likes

Again, what we see here is AFTER the FACT. Nobody would be saying we shouldn’t have played if we had won. When announced, I seem to remember lots of excitement and anticipation. And folks posting upset when the LH net announced no broadcast.

I said from the very beginning it was an ambush. That never changed. Did I want to watch it…yes. I want to watch every Hog game. Our coaching staff dropped the ball by agreeing to the game. They could have scrimmaged ANY other team. For them not to realize what Arkansas/ Texas means in ANYTHING was a HUGE mistake. I GUARANTEE Beard knew what it meant. JMO. Doesn’t matter now.

1 Like

Not surprised at all… I thought this was coming especially after the beat down

Oh well it is over now!

Everyone should take note that a recruiting analyst had put a crystal ball to Texas before the exhibition game ever happened. We all mocked that crystal ball because the guy was from Indiana,

1 Like

Tough loss, but … GET ME A SHOOTER !!!

Wax

1 Like

Also entirely possible that the exhibition game had nothing to do with his decision.

6 Likes

Last night with storms rolling through I had spotty satellite signal so I turned to an old game to watch.
I selected the 1994 Arkansas vs Michigan NCAA game down in Dallas.

Couple of things…
#1 Jawan Howard was a beast. Like 30 points and 12 RB.
#2 I was reminded that I really dislike Billy Packer
and finally
#3 That Arkansas team could really shoot the rock!! Everyone was a SHOOTA!!

BTW caught a glimpse of myself and a friend in the crowd… sure looked young back then… so much more hair and so much less waist!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes