Holding on to #1 For 7 Weeks

I’m assuming doing this at the end of the season is a bit harder to achieve than at the beginning of the season. wps

Baseball America said the Hogs had equaled 2013 North Carolina by holding their top spot for 13 straight weeks. UNC lost in the CWS semifinals to eventual NC UCLA that year.

Interesting note on North Carolina in 2013: Baseball America was the only major publication that did not rank Arkansas No. 1 in the preseason that year. It had North Carolina ranked first. That was the Arkansas team that lost in the regional at Kansas State.

D1 said we had their number one ranking longer than any team in the last decade… surpassing Organ State.

I’ve really enjoyed this run, but now the big goal is in front of us. I just want to win the last game we play.

1 Like

Aloha,

What’s so amazing is that this year’s team seems to be totally unfazed by any pressure of being Number One and taking everyone’s best shot. And considering their schedule, that’s a lot of shots from a lot of the nation’s best teams. Truly remarkable.

UA…Campus of Champions!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.