Hogs women finish 6th at NCAA Outdoor Track&Field Championships

Hogs finish sixth, with Britton Wilson the lone individual winner at 400M Hurdles.

Florida won the title recording a sweep for the Gators as they also won the men’s. Texas finish second, Kentucky 3rd and LSU 4th.

They call SEC, the conference of sprinters, with LSU, Florida, Kentucky, A&M and Tennessee recruiting world class sprinters. Arkansas has not had those since the days of Tyson Gay, Wallace Spearmon and Veronica Campbell. That is very noticeable as you watch the Championships.

Next year Isaiah Sategna should join the track team. But he will be a part timer, so not sure if he can reach the world class level.

He may be part time but he’s going to score points in multiple events at the conference meet.

Yes, I expect Isaiah to score plenty of points at the conference meets and even some at NCAAs. He has pure raw speed. My point was more about him reaching the Gay/Spearmon/Campbell and also Omar McLeod level, which he has potential to.

Sprints are the glamour events of T&F. And understandably broadcast network put a lot of emphasis on that. And I always wish to hear Razorbacks mentioned in those events. With those sprinters, Hogs had a nice well balanced all-round team that dominated the nationals.

Good thing about Isaiah is that after he finishes at Arkansas, if he does not get into NFL, he will have the option to focus on track. It won’t be too late. He will be just 24-25 then.