Hogs will beat Tennessee by 20+

Looks like no contest to me.

Comments: Tennessee is a good solid team, I don’t see us blowing this team out by twenty even at home, I’m happy to win by single digits .

I’m guessing you didn’t watch Tennessee play North Carolina???

Watching them play Furman the other night, I was watching how they play defense. They looked like Houston did against us. They were playing some pretty tight aggressive defense.

Tennessee also had No. 5 Villanova down by as many as 15 in the first half when they played in the Bahamas around Thanksgiving. Villanova is so good defensively, though, Tennessee’s first bucket of the second half came around 4 minutes in. By that point Villanova coupled stops with good looks and it was pretty much a wrap after that. Tennessee is good. They’ve given two top-10 teams all they wanted.

Furman should have beaten Tennessee last night. The whistles went their way. The Vols had the Tar Heels beat and just fell apart. They remind me of what our hogs looked like 3 years ago could build a lead and unable to close at winning time.
When the Hogs play tha Vols it will come down to a few simple things:

1. Turnovers.
  2. Offenseive rebounds. We have to keep them off the offenseive glass
  3. Free throws which team can cash in!
  4. 3 pointers. We need to defend the arc.
  5. Trey matching up and holding their big man. Gafford may have to be real careful in this game about getting in foul trouble.

Really we should be able to beat them but it a game where players will have to make the plays. I’m excited about the game and the chance we have to watch our hogs compete when we have a team that is good enough to beat anyone we play.
Let’s enjoy our hogs!! WPS!!!

I totally agree that the UT will test us. I also think that their ranking will be used as motivation by CMA.

Need to remember who coaches Tennessee…they will be a very physical match up every year. Now they have added some length to their team from last year…very solid team. Wish this game was happening when the students would be there, we will need the home crowd in this battle. Looking forward to it

Jeff

We’ll be happy if we win the game period

The Hogs should pull this out at home, you don’t want to lose the first SEC game and have a very bitter taste lingering moving ahead in conference play…

[quote=“rollingwithmike”]

Comments: Tennessee is a good solid team, I don’t see us blowing this team out by twenty even at home, I’m happy to win by single digits .

[/quote]This. Tennessee has a fine team; playing maturely. It’s very good that this game is in Fayetteville. I feel the Hogs are improving and growing quickly, but we wouldn’t be ready for this team on the road.