Hogs @ Vandy.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

The sad fact is we have had a divided fan base since Nolan first hired. Now we are putting up with those idiots again.
CMA is a good coach and we need him to get the job done! Win and maintain his morale compass.

[/quote]Seems a rash and over-reaching statement. No doubt there are, hopefully a very small number of people who form opinions on narrow minded reasons, but if one is trying to define the differing opinions on Mike as narrowly as it appears you are saying, that is a sad and offensive position.

Whatever preseason SEC media darling Bryce Drew did the last few years for pregame, day before the game, during the game, after the game, in the postseason, during the off-season, during the holidays, while sleeping, should all be scrapped.

I understand he lost a key player to injury in the preseason but that doesn’t justify a historically bad run, especially when expectations have repeatedly been way too high for the Dores.

He can’t survive this can he? I mean I know he amazingly, magically had some of the best recruiting signings they’ve ever had.

But, they were 12-20, 6-12 last tear and are 9-21, 0-17 this year and have lost 21 of the last 22 road games and end with a trip to LSU.

How do they keep him?

Ain’t we glad that aircraft can’t fly banners inside Bud Walton cause there’d be some folks wanting to fly them.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

I guess you don’t read the comment from the post above mine where there were hog fans in Lexington late rooting for Kentucky to beat our hogs! If that isn’t sad nothing is. Their intent and wish is for CMA to get fired. That’s pretty cut and dry!

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

I guess you don’t read the comment from the post above mine where there were hog fans in Lexington late rooting for Kentucky to beat our hogs! If that isn’t sad nothing is. Their intent and wish is for CMA to get fired. That’s pretty cut and dry!

[/quote]Not sure you understood my post, I was not rejecting the fact that there are folks who want Mike fired, I was objecting to what I felt you were implying was the basis. I did read the post where Dudley indicated that there were some rooting for a loss in hopes of making a change. While rooting to lose irks me, I don’t see that those feeling the need for a coaching change has to be about anything more than program performance and trajectory.
I think that Mike has enjoyed good support for the most part and most seem to view him as family, I know I do. None of this insulates him from question or concerns of where the program is this far into his tenure. Me, personally, while not advocating a decision, I know the expectations of the fan base are pretty high and our rankings and results are not.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

Very well said,thank you. WPS

Glad we won. I thought we had more energy and wanted it more than Vandy. But I didn’t think we played that well —-just thought Vandy was awful, as bad of an effort by a SEC team as I can recall. It was fun to watch, not the execution but the domination and three point shooting in the last 12 minutes.

I’m not sure Holmes can fill the stat sheet the way Gabe did. He was excellent on the boards, had some assists and steals to go with it. Gabe really needs to focus on his shot. he was 0-5. If he can go 3-5 every night with that stat line from last night, he will greatly help this team.

I’m not saying Holmes is a better player than Gabe, only that his shot looks better than Gabe’s. The comment was more sarcastic than anything.