Hogs sweep SEC Indoor T&F Championships

Aloha,

The UA Razorbacks Women’s and Men’s Track and Field Teams swept the SEC Indoor Championships today at ATM! The long distance runners once again carried the Hogs. It shall be a glorious and fun trip home in their charter airplane!

Time to call them Hogs!! WPS!

GHG!

2 Likes
1 Like

Absolutely incredible! I can’t speak for everybody else but I can speak for myself… The track programs need to get a whole whole lot more love and adoration from Razorback Nation because they are by far the most successful group of athletes here. They deserve a standing ovation in my opinion!!! Very well done once again!!

Everyone should watch the replay on SEC Network. Especially calling of the Hogs at the end.

1 Like

I went to the In the Zone luncheon (for the track programs) yesterday. Both coaches stressed how pleased they were with the results. It was especially interesting listening to several of the athletes who have transferred into the program. They all understand the level of competition in the SEC. There is no comparison.

The women won comfortably at the SEC meet. Things would have to fall right in a lot of areas for them to win another national meet next week. They would finish seventh based on national-best times this year.

But this has been a great indoor season for them based on who they are redshirting - Taylor Werner, Lauren Gregory, Jada Baylark and Kethlin Campbell. That’s a lot of potential points sitting out, but it also points toward Arkansas having a strong team next year when it hosts the national indoor meet.

Another word of caution for the nationals. Last year the women doubled up on second place finisher A&M. This year it was a much closer with LSU just 15 behind.

Again, they’re redshirting four All-Americans. Campbell and Gregory were defending SEC indoor champions in the 400 and the mile, and Campbell was the anchor on the SEC champion mile relay team. Werner was the national runner-up indoors in the 3,000 last year. If they were all available this year there is no telling by how many points the Razorbacks would have won the SEC meet.

By the way, LSU is projected to win the national meet this year. That’s a strong team.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.