Hogs offer Missouri commit

DE Chris Turner, 6-4, 225 of Hammond, La. reports an offer from the Hogs.

He is very good! Can set the edge! I hope we get this DE

Kid ran a 4.7 at a combine. If he is anywhere near the 6-4 he is listed at, he could be a steal. 4.7 for a DE or LB is fast seeing that most of our DE’s didn’t break 5.0 at a combine. Missouri fired his coach and main recruiter. Go get him.

Jackie Shipp being gone and being a South LA recruiter, if Arkansas wants him they will get him. Shipp is well known in that region and has recruited players for OU and AZ State. Many battles with Coach Smith.

I guess I look to much into things, but as soon as CBB said there were only 19 instead of 20, he immediately offers a DE. Could be way off base but just something I noticed.

I noticed this also, which would free up a little of my worry if the case. Just hoping it’s not a significant recruit.

All kids that commit are equally important or they should not be offered. At the same time if they do not want to be a hog and can’t complete the process of being recruited what are the chances they would have issues once on campus! We can compete we need kids with heart ! Arkansas has never had elite top talent per recruiting services but those stars all have egos and we have won with the hogs we put on the field. What ever team that hits the field next fall I will be supporting just like I have my whole life. WPS

While it seems ethical to think that it’s not the case. Coaches have a big board with their top prospects therefor some are more significant in importance with respect to what the team needs than others. That’s why they sell out and try much harder for specific guys, and also why teams lose players because they feel less important. Also a 4 star recruit will typically have more importance in retaining than a 2 or 3 star because they are predicted to be a better option, it’s not always true but more often than not. No participation trophies here, but I also will be full hog as I always have been and always will be.