Hogs get shafted again with an 11:00 kickoff for LSU

It is absolutely amazing they are just not going to give us a night game against a team any good. Just totally pisses me off… just a bunch of crap… We’re going to be stuck with a stinking 11:00 kickoff to where it’s extremely hard for us to get any kind of recruits in from out of state. Not to mention the crowd will not be anywhere near as loud and jacked up… if I were Sam I would talk to whoever is making these decisions that we have not had a night game against an SEC opponent since LSU of last year if I’m not mistaken but that was in LSU not here.

I wish to Scottie would ask Sam what he thinks about that

3 Likes

It’s called the shaft or screws of the SEC!

2 Likes

Yea, it stinks. Hopefully Ole Miss.

Don’t hold your breath brother LOL… I I mean I saw Missouri and South Carolina the other night LOL. I think Kentucky and Missouri were at night. I know for sure Georgia played Missouri at night. LSU and Mississippi State was a night game. I know Ole Miss is played at night game and you sure as heck new Texas A&M and Alabama was going to be at night and now Alabama is home again at night against LSU.

I would definitely be complaining major big time if I were Sam

4 Likes

Sam addressed it in his presser today, Billy. He ain’t happy. So sick of this crap. :rage:

2 Likes

SMH!!! VERY SAD!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

1 Like

Well I can totally understand why he would be pissed because we have had two in the last 4 years the last one we have is against Tennessee during covid… before that it was in 2018 I forget who it was against but saw this posted elsewhere.

I would be raising all kinds of hockey sticks to the SEC about this

1 Like

TV picks the games…

Well TV is getting us the screws because everybody else is getting a night game!!! I’m not so sure that’s what going on here but it needs to be addressed and it needs to be taken care of!!!

1 Like

TV shouldn’t be allowed that much leeway then. No team should have to play more than 2 or maybe 3 home games at 11:00

3 Likes

I raised all kinds of heck about this earlier but come to find out Georgia had a bunch of 11:00 kickoff games last year but they did eventually get home games at night I’m sure whereas we have not had but two in the last 4 years and the last one was in 2020 during the covid area with no one could hardly come that was against Tennessee

They should have as much leeway as possible. They are paying millions and millions of dollars each year to broadcast games. The have the final say, as they should. TV wants the best match ups in the best time slots. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Of course it does. That’s not the point. The point is the SEC should not allow them to force any SEC team to play so many home games at 11:00. It’s that simple.

The SEC contracts with TV & vice-versa. TV doesn’t own the SEC. There should be give & take, not all give. You can bet many things are negotiated by the parties–not dictated by one or the other. Limiting 11:00 home time slots ought to be one of them.

1 Like

It doesn’t work that way and won’t. It’s that simple.

Who’s playing at 6:00 next Saturday night that they think is a better game than LSU and Arkansas???
Never mind I see it they got stinking Georgia and Mississippi State playing at 6:00 for absolutely nothing!!!
LSU and Arkansas is for border bragging rights just a total bunch of crap that we are not playing that game at that time

2 Likes

Whatever.

1 Like

I get amused when I read your rant Billy. When you take ESPN and CBS money, you have to take their times. The releases explain that it’s their pick.

Alabama has had to live with a lot of 2:30 games through the years.

Win more games and you will play more 2.30 and 6 pm games.

1 Like

And it’s all about the number of wins… beat the Aggies, like we should have, and we’re not playing at 11:00 am.

2 Likes

Dude, you can whatever all you want. The SEC is not going to mandate TV that teams can only play 2 11:00 am games a year.

1 Like

You know as much as I do Billy, that it is about TV ratings. The #1 ranked team in the nation will draw higher ratings than LSU vs. Arkansas. Not that many people outside of Arkansas and Louisiana care about that game. It is what it is.