Hogs are No. 10 in preseason AP poll

2 Likes

Let’s git it! Go Hogs!

Vegas bettors appear to like us better than the AP writers. Hogs futures odds are 6th from both MGM and Caesars. 10th is just fine with me though, lessens the target on our back initially.

The biggest slight from the AP writers seems to be Texas Tech at #25. They are around 15th in the futures betting. We may have an opportunity early in the season to drop Creighton below us. We would need to both win (or lose - yuk) our first games in Hawaii. We are definitely going to play Creighton or TX Tech.

1 Like

Here is a voter-by-voter breakdown of how Arkansas wound up at No. 10 in the poll:

Dickie V ranked us #3. He loves Muss.

1 Like

And he really loves Nick Smith.

2 Likes

Wow that is a cool site showing voter bias etc.

How can anyone really have a good pole without any games. Our team only has 2 returners and some talented Freshman. How does that make us top 10? I hope we are and expect to be very good by March, but we have yet to beat NDSU or anyone else. Perhaps we should do that first

Polls, especially basketball polls, don’t mean a thing till after conference season starts. Just a fun distraction for now.

Who the h@1l is Dave Borges? What a tool.

I’ve always thought polls should be held until after the first month of the season. But that doesn’t help early-season TV ratings.

1 Like

I would like to play Creighton,assuming we beat Louisville (which we should). It’s been awhile since we’ve played a quality Big East team. Feel like T Tech beats Creighton though. That’s for sure a tough first round draw for the Bluejays. Not convinced Creighton is top 10. We’ll see.

1 Like

With Fardaws Aimaq (injury) not playing for the Red Raiders, I expect Creighton’s 7-1 C Kalkbrenner to have a field day against TTech … setting up a top 10 matchup on day 2 of the tournament between the Hogs and Bluejays … will need a couple of our bigs to play well for Arkansas to advance to championship game.

Wax

Yeah not seeing it. I think T Tech will be too physical for Creighton. McDermott teams at Creighton more finesse, Euro-style ball. Tech’s defense is just too good. I hope I’m wrong cuz we don’t get opportunity to play big easst teams very often. Would much rather play Bkuejays early than Tech.

I’ll be courtside regardless … can’t wait !!

Wax

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.