Hogs 7 point favorite this weekend

Vegas has us as 7 point favorite this weekend against North Texas. That’s basically giving us the home field advantage in a toss up game in my opinion. When we play these teams with hot passing attacks, one would think we can run the ball since their defense probably sees more pass in practice than run. On the flip side, if they do indeed have a quick-pass type offense, then what we heard pre-season about tight corner play, heavy pass rush with occasional blitz should produce for us. Should. Should. Should. I still see us winning this game. At this point, I’m sure not going to relax until the clock says 0:00. I’ve felt that way since 1998.

the best bet is to ram it down their throat b/c they have not a seen anyone capable of running the ball.on defense they throw alot of quick slants/over the middle type stuff and the QB is short get your hands up DL!! I see a lot of his throws that could be tipped or batted down…we will win the game if we control the LOS like last week and use play action type throws that we didn’t last week.

the best bet is to ram it down their throat b/c they have not a seen anyone capable of running the ball.on defense they throw alot of quick slants/over the middle type stuff and the QB is short get your hands up DL!! I see a lot of his throws that could be tipped or batted down…we will win the game if we control the LOS like last week and use play action type throws that we didn’t last week.

I agree Billy. Let’s ditch the horizontal passing game and go vertical, and in the words of ONJ, let’s get physical.

Nice eaglehog5!
I would wonder how many posters know who ONJ is.

She’s 70 and still looks pretty good… battling cancer again.

Yes, she does. Hate to hear about the cancer, again.
I saw the other day that Kirk Douglas was 101 yrs old!
I had no idea he was still alive.

I had the pleasure of meeting ONJ in Jackson Ms (Dixie National Rodeo where she was performing). She was a very nice lady.

WPS

I’m astounded we’re a 7 point favorite. I don’t think 7 points is the home-field advantage line. That’s usually closer to 3 points. For some reason the Vegas oddsmakers think we will win–or they think the bettors think we’ll win. Having seen what I’ve seen, I don’t. I’m afraid this is a line based more on the general perception of the two programs than it is about the merits of the two teams in 2018.

We need to win very badly. If we do, I might boost my prediction to a 5 win season. If we lose, I’m afraid 3 is the upside.

Vegas counting on SEC vs CUSA perceptions and just a general lack of awareness about NT from Joe Q Public.

I read an article in the Denton TX paper - they see this as their opportunity to show they’ve arrived.

Not sure that a win over us this season will show anything more than we’re a bad team. It’s no measure at all that UNT has arrived anywhere.

I think the Hogs win.

As of right now nearly 75% of wagers have come in for North Texas but the line hasn’t changed. That tells me that although not as many, there has been some large wagers on the Hogs.