Hogs 1, Ole Miss 0, SEC soccer

Taylor Malham on the PK in the 24th minute after the Rebnecks were called for a handball in the 18-yard-box (they did, and it was blatant)

Halftime, still 1-0. Hogs not as dominant in the first half as they have been in recent matches, but still with the lead.

Vandy and SoCar won the earlier matches as expected. They’ll play each other Friday in the semifinals. Our winner will play the Florida-A&M winner.

I watched about the last 15 mins of the first half, looked like they weren’t full bore. I don’t think Ole Miss can match them if they turn it on.

I would always prefer if all of our teams played in full boar mode.

Hogs win 1-0. Winning ugly.

Thursday will be a good test. Florida is good and did not play Arkansas in the regular season. Florida owns the SEC Tournament in soccer like Kentucky does in men’s basketball.

Hmm. That was not my impression, but I’d agree neither team seemed to pass the ball as efficiently as did Florida.

Also, except for the penalty kick we scored on, I did not notice a single terribly hard kick on goal by our team – lots of chances but they seemed to all be softballs or kicked wide or high.

One thing I’ll say, our girls sure can run and run.