Hog Wild Elite camp updates

As state earlier, more than 400 expected today. Starts at 2 and ends at 6.

Some of the prospects expected to camp:

2021 TE-DE Ethan Downs- Weatherford, Okla., offers from OU, Baylor, LSU, Nebraska and others.

2021 Corey Platt- LR Christian, La.Tech offer

2020 LB- Ath. JT Towers- Joe T. Robinson

2021 QB Braylon Braxton- Frisco (Texas) Independence

2021 WR Gavin McKay- Memphis University- UAB offer

2020 RB Cody Crist- Plano, Texas, SMU offer

2021 LB -Cole Joyce- Bentonville, Tulsa and other offers

2021 QB Jakob Foss- Huntsville, (Ala.) Virgil Grissom

2020 ath. Da’Quan Johnson- Flomaton, Ala., S.Miss and other offers

QB Jack Samsel- Butler C.C.,former Memphis QB

2021 LB Marco Avant- Forrest City, Memphis offer

2020 ath. West Amos- Clinton

2021 ath. Morice Blackwell- Arlington Martin

2020 LB Jarin Johnson- Arlington, (Texas) Bowie, Bucknell offer

TE commit Allen Horace- Crockett, Texas will be visiting

2021 WR Bryce Stephens of Oklahoma City Marshall ran a 4.56 laser 40 time.

He has an Arkansas offer along with several others.

Obviously the best looking group of prospects here this week, which was planned that way.

2020 Ty Love of Yoakum, Texas has stood out the last two days. I noticed how well he moved in drills yesterday and he’s continued to do well today.

He tripled jump 49 feet and has a best of 22.47 in the 200. One to keep an eye on.

A few notes from camp.

Chase Harrell may or may not play much at TE this year,but he looks like an All American from a physical standpoint. He passes the eye test as much or more than any other TE I’ve seen.

OLB Zach Zimos looks like he’s added 10 pounds since the last time I’ve seen him. I think he has a huge upside.

CB Malik Chavis is up to 197 from the 190 or so when he reported.

DL Taurean Carter is starting to look like an SEC lineman. His upper body is notably different from what I saw in HS. I’m guessing he’s about 290 now.

2021 TE-DE Ethan Downs, 6-4, 240 looked every bit what you would expect of a guy that has offers from Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU, Texas. Texas A&M. He would be on my 1st team Eye Test team. I would think an Arkansas offer will be coming.

He was impressed by what he saw at Arkansas but he’s pretty grounded about the recruiting process and probably won’t throw out a lot of adjectives in describing a school.

TE commit Allen Horace looks like SEC TE now at 6-5, 250. He also moves like one. He and Brandon Frazier might not be rated high but Arkansas LOVES what they got with the two.

2020 LB JT Towers of Joe T. Robinson is one to watch this season. He’s played QB in the past but college coaches really like what they see of him at LB. Arkansas and several other Power 5 schools want to see him this season.

Brian Maupin thinks he could blow up this season. He’s a very good looking 6-3 and 205 pounds or so. He ran a 4.8 laser.

2022 OL Arkansas offer E’Marion Harris was on hand and appears to be toning up some which is expected for his age.

https://twitter.com/ethandowns40/status/1140047467087613953