Hog Fans Are Everywhere

I’m in the UK on 25th anniversary trip with my wife. Today, we’re in Edinburgh, Scotland walking the Royal Mile on a tour, and this couple walks up to me and asks where I’m from, because I had my Hog cap on with my Razorback Drake shirt on (it’s frickin chilly here right now). Anyway, another Hog dude is living in Brussels and he’s touring the UK with his mom(who’s living in Ft Worth and from Fayetteville). Small world.
Going to the Highlands tomorrow but I told my wife we ARE coming back someday, and I WILL go see St Andrews and Carnoustie and some of the other great golf venues, to tour more of the country side. It’s so pretty over here and the weather has been great so far ( highs in 60’s and lows in low 50’s) as opposed to the triple digit temps back home in north LA.

1 Like

My parents were in Scotland for 10 days recently. One of their tour guides didn’t have a Scottish accent but a very thick southern accent and my parents asked where she was originally from. She said she was from Hope, Arkansas and her husband is a Scottish national so she moved to Scotland when she married him. My dad and her called to Hogs to prove it and it caused a fun scene for the locals.

We spent almost 2 weeks in Scotland about 5 years ago. My sister in law grew up in the Borders region (Innerleithen). We’ve been fortunate to travel a lot internationally but Scotland is my favorite place. My wife, her brother and me played golf at the local coarse in Innerleithen which was so much fun. We spent a day at St. Andrews which was very windy and cold. That didn’t slow down the foursomes playing that great venue. The Scottish people are wonderful we plan to go back. The only bad thing is that I left my favorite Razorback coat on the train from London to Edinburgh. Never have found one exactly like it.

1 Like

My wife and sister in-law just flew in from Edinburgh on Tuesday. My wife said " There’s nothing but Castle’s and Golf Course’s " lol, my kind of place. She said the people there were very friendly. She really loved Orkney Island and said the weather was great the two weeks they were there.

1 Like

Will never forget hiking the Grand Canyon a few years ago and hearing a distant Hog Call. I tweeted about it and the guys that did it replied.

Stories like these never get old. I loved Gashog sending me video of his son (on a mission trip) in China teaching the gab driver to call the Hogs. Or, seeing his kids learning English calling the Hogs. Maybe none of them knew what they were doing, but I sure did and it gave me chill bumps.

1 Like

I was in a small hotel in England and saw a guy with a Hog t-shirt on in the lobby and he worked for Wal-Mart. Over in UK the ASDA brand is the WM Supercenters by name. He was there to check on stores around the country. That was 10 years ago or so.

1 Like

Back in 1979 I took a Methodist Church youth trip to Washington DC. We called the Hogs at the Lincoln Memorial. The adult leaders (I was 16) got all upset, said it was inappropriate. I didn’t think it was disrespectful, and it sure sounded great inside the Memorial (cool acoustics).

Ran into multiple Hog fans when I was on vacation in southeast Alaska this summer.

I ran into an Arkansas fan while pumping gas in Bozeman, Montana this summer. He lived there and had on a Razorback logo cap. We knew a lot of the same people. He was 28. He moved out there to get away from the crowds. I didn’t get into specifics.