Heston

It was a relief in game one that he had a hit! He actually could have had another one. He took the ball to left and up the middle.
In game 2 he peppered the ball through the infield. 2 hits for sure. Maybe he starts seeing the ball better again and picking up the spin. It’s a positive sign.
He also took some pitches for balls today that he had been swinging at.

To me it’s all about pitch selection he’s getting himself out to be honest.if he swings it strikes I think he’ll hit most of them.but the high fastball and the breaking ball down and in our big weaknesses right now if he can lay off those he’ll be back. Hitting line drives quickly I think

Heston was 1/4 in game one, and 3/4 in game two.
Game 1: Popup to 1B, Fly out to CF, double, and Popup to 2B
Game 2: Fly out to CF, single, double, single.

Youdaman your right about laying off the high pitches out of the zone as well as the off speed down. He did a lot better job today.
Maybe McFarland can follow suit as well. After listening to coach DVH it may not be McFarland or Goodhesrt at DH tomorrow.
Of course there’s also the possibility weather could cause the hogs to not be able to play.
Today in game 2 in appeared with McFarland and Plunkett right together in the batting order it really stalled the scoring threat in what could have been a big inning. What’s your opinion?

You know it may sound strange but I actually liked MacFarlands approach yesterday he took very aggressively swings and he wasn’t very far off from hitting those and it’s hard as he was swinging they would have done damage I’m not ready to give up on him at least he’s not taking piches down the middle of plate Goodheart is a guy that I had tremendous hope for and I’m surprised he hasn’t hit yet maybe when the weather gets warmer he will.

[quote=“youdaman”]

You know it may sound strange but I actually liked MacFarlands approach yesterday he took very aggressively swings and he wasn’t very far off from hitting those and it’s hard as he was swinging they would have done damage I’m not ready to give up on him at least he’s not taking piches down the middle of plate Goodheart is a guy that I had tremendous hope for and I’m surprised he hasn’t hit yet maybe when the weather gets warmer he will.

[/quote]It’s not so much about swinging hard as it’s about making contact and bat/plate control. Look at Kenley…he’s making contact when he swings (already 3 extra base hits) and has a gob more walks than KOs.

Yeah totally understand it’s about hitting the ball but what I was getting at he had a very good swing path and was just missing balls. Was very close to hitting 2-3 of them. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has a real big game for us soon if he keeps that up. I’m talking about McFarland. I think good heart just has to get a little more comfortable and have a good hit to get him going

[quote=“daBoar”]

McFarland has failed to produce under pressure but leading off an inning he was able to get a hit at USC. Your right about control and making contact. It appears McFarland is pressing and just tensing up.
While I’m a little disappointed with Goodheart at this point I think he’ll hit when the weather warms up and McFarland too!
They both need to be swinging at strikes and stop getting themselves out or behind in the count. Taking the ball to the opposite field may be key for them. That what Heston did yesterday just playing pepper up the middle.
I was disappointed when McFarland took 3 strikes at USC with runner in scoring position and never swung the bat! So yesterday him swinging was better.
Harris has a good eye and walked in the DH role but the long fly balls were just easy outs! All of these guys need to hit this season for our to win!