Here's an updated list

…of big men Arkansas has shown interest in and contacted. This list will certainly expand as more players enter the portal in the next few weeks. If you know of any other big men Arkansas is recruiting that are not currently listed, please feel free to add to it. Cheers.

Malik Reneau 6’8" 235 lbs
Trevon Brazile 6’9" 225 lbs (Arkansas Commitment)
Isaiah Cotrell 6’11" 245 lbs
Grant Basile 6’10" 235 lbs
Fardaws Aimaq 6’11" 255 lbs
Xavier Foster 7’1" 235 lbs
Dusan Mahorcic 6’10" 235 lbs
Neal Quinn 7’0" 255 lbs
James Graham III 6’8" 215 lbs
Taylor Funk 6’8" 210 lbs
Toni Rocak 6’8" 210 lbs
Manny Bates 6’11" 235 lbs
Warren Washington 7’1" 235 lbs
Norchad Omier 6’7" 255 lbs
Jalen Graham 6’10" 235 lbs (Arkansas Commitment)
Makhel Mitchell 6’10" 245 lbs (Arkansas Commitment)
Makhi Mitchell 6’9" 230 lbs (Arkansas Commitment)

3 Likes

Nice info. Thanks, Jeg.

1 Like

Reneau plus one other from this list, if no AB.

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

Just to be clear - contact does not mean offer.

1 Like

I agree with Dudley, contact does not an offer make, and I don’t believe it’s an either/ or for AB or a big. Pretty sure Muss wants both, and that means some guys are leaving.
This is purely my opinion, but I believe that most of the bigs in the portal that Muss has contacted could help us more than Ware could next year. My reason…bigs take longer to develop. Just look how much JWill has improved this year. I am assuming JWill will be back next year and will take another big step forward. Ware would not have started over JWill next year, and I am not sure how well they would have played together.
From everything I have heard, and seen, Ware does not have the motor that JWill does, so that might have been addition by subtraction. I think Muss picks up a solid portal big to give JWill a blow, but next year you will really, truly see positionless basketball. Go Hogs!

1 Like

I decided to add Yohan Traore to the list becuz Arkansas has TECHNICALLY reached out to him and made contact. However, Traore to Arkansas is a longshot. It’s thought Auburn has the inside track for Traore and has already picked up a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction to Auburn.

Agree totally. If we can get AB, of course you take him and he will contribute, and probably start. But give me a portal “Big” to help immediately. Even an experienced non-traditional “Big”, like Justin Smith. A proven inside defender and very good rebounder. Someone like that would help Jaylin immensely.

1 Like

A 6’8/6’9 version of Audiese and I would be ecstatic!

1 Like

Are these all high school seniors?

Exactly. A Justin Smith level of player, size and mobility would make us a serious threat next year in the BB Tournament.

What if Arkansas could get commitments from both Anthony Black and Malik Reneau? How would folks feel about that?

1 Like

I would feel great once I came to

1 Like

Like favorites to finish in at least an Elite Eight next year.

Arkansas and Fardaws Aimaq :smiley:

1 Like

Two are high school (Reneau and Traore). The rest are college players that have recently entered the transfer portal.

1 Like

Would love more info such as school, etc. I have not heard of 2/3s of these and I follow college basketball.

I’ve removed Kendal Coleman from the above list as he committed to LSU this afternoon.

According to RazorAg, Brazile makes the most sense. Anybody hearing anything? Great night, regardless. Go Hogs!

Well there’s no way to jkk no ow for sure. Only Muss and the staff can answer any of these questions.
I just hope we see a big announcement on a big man in the next few days.