Heisman vote

Our Heisman votes have to be submitted by next Monday. I have a feel for which way I’m leaning, but want to see a few games next week before I make my final decision. We’re asked not to reveal our votes before the ceremony.

I’m curious who you all would have in your top three this year and why.

The easy answer is whichever QB is facing the Hog defense, but on a serious note:

1. Sam Darnold: The Trojans offense was garbage prior to inserting Darnold. They averaged 8 a game before he was the starter, now over 36. It could be argued they’re one of the best 4 teams in the country right now, but their refusal to start SD may be keeping them out of the playoff.

2. D’Onta Foreman: He ran like he played against a Robb Smith defense every single week. Over 2,000 yards, 6 yards per carry, 15 TDs all during a tire fire of a season in which a true freshman started at QB.

3. Lamar Jackson: IMO a vote for anyone else is laughable. He was Bo Jackson in Super Tecmo Bowl most games. If Louisville had the ball you didn’t change the channel. James Quick cost him the marquee win in clemson and that’s a shame.

Honorable Mention: Donnell Pumphrey, Jabril Peppers, Deshaun Watson, Dalvin Cook, Jalen Hurts, Jake Browning

With Lamar losing the last 2 games of the season, this should be a year when the best player, not the best QB or RB wins the Heisman. The best player in the country is Jonathan Allen, who also happens to be playing for the best team in the country.

1. Jonathan Allen
  2. Christian McCaffrey - missed 1 1/2 games and still ended up 7th in the country in rushing yards.
  3. Lamar Jackson. If the vote were after 10 games, he would have been a shoe-in.

As a side note, whichever NFL team (and there will probably be one) takes Myles Garrett before Allen will regret it.