Hawgs Illustrated's projected 2020 depth chart

Here is the projected depth chart Clay put together that ran in the June issue of HI:

I did not think there was enough information to project freshmen that were not on campus this past spring. I toyed with the idea of placing Blayne Toll in the depth chart at TE. But he’s never really done enough at that position to project him for playing time this fall. I’m not convinced he’s at TE for good. Can he catch the ball well enough to stick at TE? Not sure.

I think Beaux Limmer works his way in there somewhere…

Also could talk about what is the “Jack” Position ?

As I typed in the thread about Mataio Soli (with the Junior Soli column) yesterday, it’s hybrid end. OLB/End. He can drop, or most likely rush. You are not reading closely! That’s not like you.

I sure wish we didn’t have to put Burks in the punt return or kick return position. I loved watching him catch it consistently with his hands and I like putting the ball in his hands as much as possible, but punt & kick returners do expose themselves to injury and we need him at receiver. Not sure who else could do it though. I would think that there must be a dozen players on the roster who returned punts in high school and could fill that position. I also believe the transfers are going to be a pleasant surprise, particularly Franks, Jacobs, Kelly and Draper. I tend to agree that it is too early for the incoming Freshmen. We need to at least see what they can do in fall camp.

The same reason you put him at kick returner/punt returner is the same reason you put Lance Alworth, Julio Jones, Felix Jones and Darren McFadden at those spots. They can break open a game. You can’t play scared. You have to give the ball to your best players.

2 Likes

I’ve just been so busy lately… I’m going to read that article over the holiday… I look forward to it… both the article and the time off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.