Have confirmed PG transfer

Jalen Harris will start an official visit to Arkansas on Thursday.

He announced recently his plans to transfer from New Mexico.

Bad news regarding Hardy?

I would say let things play out. Once everything is over I’ll say what I can.

Once everything is over I won’t be curious anymore RD lol

From a N.M. radio station.

Harris started in 18 games for the Lobos this past season. He averaged over four points per game and shot 43.9 percent from the field. Harris was third in assist per game at 2.32 per contest. He also had a 1.8 percent assist to turnover ratio.

Does he have immediate eligibility?

No he would sit next year.

[youtube]cF-Rt5a5h68[/youtube]

lol, I was thinking same thing.

As far as Harris though, I’m really intrigued. His numbers don’t jump off at you, but if you watch his highlights and just read about him, he has a lot of upside, I can see why a high major would be interested, and I remember hearing his name from last year’s recruiting so I’m assuming staff has a prior relationship. And thing I like about the situation is we’ll have him on campus for 4 years if we land him. He’s a really athletic 6’2 and his handles are very good, this one highlight below is one of the better highlight tapes displaying handles I’ve seen in a while from a prospect we’ve been on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBRqwsR4bA

I recognized his name as well. You’re right he looks a lot better than his stats from New Mexico show.

TJ Cleveland kicked the tires so to speak but Arkansas never got serious.

Yeah he’s very talented but I hate the fact that he would have to sit out a year. I’d def prefer him over Barrett though. He would be a great consolation if we wiff on Hardy.

I actually like that he has to sit out a year, that’s why I really liked the idea of Weathers when we were on him I thought landing him would have been the best case scenario. Let’s be honest, barring a top 50 type of talent coming in or a high caliber grad transfer our rotation is pretty much set next year, assuming Macon comes back. Hardy, I like him a lot, would be thrilled if we landed him, and I think he would compete to make the rotation, but even if he did… Macon, Barford, and Beard are all probably going to play 25+ MPG. Then with CJ Jones emerging he’s probably a 20+ MPG guy, then add Garland to that guard mix as well, and not many minutes left to go around.